Introduction

Dear Reader,

Thanks for picking up this story! You get a virtual cookie!

This book is a New Adult dark fantasy novel, meaning it will feature mature themes like suicide and depression. If these topics are troubling or triggering to you, then I would suggest checking out some of my other works like Vipersong, a YA high fantasy about an Italian-inspired kingdom that is suitable for all ages.

This book will be slowly and sporadically (if possibly never) updated since it is an old version. I sincerely apologize to readers who fell in love with this book (I know how irritating it is when writers don't finish their books). I was fifteen when I started writing this version and simply didn't have time to finish it in its original form as I started college. HOWEVER, take heart! I recently posted a new version, The Huntress [2024], which is the edited and revised version of the same story. So you still have a chance to find out what happens next!

My old cover was made by the fantastic Glass_Sword (above). She is amazing at graphics! My new cover was made by @Pennywithaney. Go follow both of them, they are awesome artists!

Enjoy this story! Don't forget to hit that little orange star at the bottom left. Feel free to comment, constructively criticize and give friendly feedback (because I love to read your comments). And please consider giving me a follow (because I love each and every one of my followers)! Thanks for reading!⭐️

~Much love,

L