Chapter 2

*Edited*

~~~ Chapter 2 ~~~ Aimee's POV

When the bell finally sounded for lunch, I shoved my things into my bag and darted out of the classroom, hoping to avoid the tide of students that would violently push and shove through the corridors, desperate to get to lunch.

Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky. 

I nearly tripped over as I got trapped in the flow of people but managed to make it to the saftey of the locker room before anyone got hurt.

I smiled to myself.

Some things in highschool would never change.

I fumbled with the code on my locker and eventually unlocked the door, scanning for the books I needed for the lesson after lunch.

What was the next lesson?

I was going over my timetable in my head, hearing the faint sound of someone entering the locker room when I someone cleared their throat behind me.

I ignored it, but when it happened again, I turned round, slightly annoyed at the person who was interrupting my thoughts.

I dropped my books, startled when I saw not just anyone, but Luke standing in front of me.

"Er," I crouched down, quickly picking the books I had taken out of my locker back up.

I shoved them back in before turning round to face him, pushing my hair back away from my face.

"Um..." This was it, the first time I had ever spoken to Luke, and the only thing I could say was um? "Can I help you?"

My heart was beating excitedly and nervously as I waited for his answer.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Oh it's nothing I've just been feeling a little uncomfortable in my class at the moment."

I tried to decipher his words, and why he was telling me this. "Oh?"

"I er, noticed you've been staring at me?"

Oh my God how embarrassing. I silently wished the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

"Oh..." I said once again, my cheeks reddening. "I must have been day dreaming. I'm really sorry for disturbing you."

"It's okay um...?" He searched for my name.

My heart sunk. "It's Aimee."

"Cool. Thanks." Luke gave me a small smile before turning and walking out of the locker room.

I sunk back against the wall. Seriously? 

I was sort of excited, after all, that was the first conversation I'd ever had with Luke! Even if it only lasted two minutes. 

But then, it was a hugely awkward conversation, and that was not how I would have liked it to go.

I sighed and began to pick out my books again.

Then I remembered that after school Luke would be doing soccer and I'd go and watch as usual.

Yeah I do sound like a freak. You get used to it.

I cheered up at the thought and closed my locker.

Things could have gone worse right?