9. Life of my dreams

Start from the beginning

I get inside my car and think about all the times I spent with her and loved her too for years. She was one of the the most important person in my life during high school but well I was the only one who couldn't see the real her and kept believing what I wanted to.
I forget about all that and start the car when I suddenly get a text from Mia. "Going to my place I'll be back in sometime, don't worry."
What? Why did she go there all alone? I start the car and rush to her apartment.

Kyle's pov:
I look around my grandfather's house and remember all the times I spent here with Justin and Jacob. All of us played hide and seek or soccer here and got so much love by our grandparents. When did things become so complicated? Why did we have to grow up? I was sent to newyork and couldn't even say good bye to Justin properly when he died. My parents always looked at me like a money making object.

That day saying all those things to Jacob about living someone else's life made me feel really bad. Why am I stooping so low to acquire this business when I am happy with what I have at the moment.
But I am someone weak and a coward who cannot even talk back. Jacob is right... I cannot even be considered as his competitor.

"Good news our renovations would get done by tomorrow." My mom suddenly comes and tells me.
"Umm mother, I am thinking to buy my own apartment." This has been going on in my mind since long.
"No need for it until you acquire the whole business, we will only let you go after that. You need to do what we are telling you to do and follow our instructions carefully." That's why I wanted to get away from them.
"First step is your father found out about your grandfather's will. Your grandfather is... well I am sure Jacob must have asked him to hide it from you. I don't know what does that poor girl have but you try and seduce her. She might be our ticket to getting the whole business." With that she walks away. Is money the only thing that matters? Love doesn't come anywhere? Well... not in our world I guess. For my family, business and money comes before anything.

I go to the garden of the house just to take a walk when I see my father talking on the phone with someone, his back facing me. "Share numbers have never gone up so high. I am glad we made this deal.... sure....See you tomorrow." With that he keeps the call and turns around only to see me standing there.
"Do not ask me anything about the call... its not any of your business to get into. All I want is you to concentrate on winning that girl." With that he goes inside the house.

What was all that conversation on the phone about? Is my father doing something wrong in the company?

Mia's pov:
I am working on his macbook and surf the YouTube to take some videos to show the kids tomorrow. I download the videos but realize I don't have the books I am supposed to teach them from.

I gather some courage and decide to go to apartment alone... I wear a white shirt and denim jeans and leave for my apartment.
I mean how long will I be hiding behind Jacob. I have to face the problem and get over the fear.
I take the cab and text Jacob on the way...just in case if he worries. I reach there and carefully go upstairs to my apartment.

I stand outside my apartment contemplating what to do.... after thinking alot I finally open it. I get inside it and everything is still messy and few things are still broken. I see my favorite bed side lamp gifted by mom on the floor...why did someone do this? I mean the only valuable thing I had was my earrings which are still here... why would someone do this for a contract? I get startled to hear my phone ring... its Jacob! He apparently rushed to my apartment and is waiting down. I lock my apartment and go downstairs.

"Why are you here all alone? You should have asked me to come along with you." He almost shouts at me in worry.
"I didn't want to disturb you while you were working. I came here to get few things for school and I have to start re-living here Jacob. I can't be scared and hide at your place forever...." He's about to say something when he gets a call... he angrily stares at me but he picks it up and turns around.
Suddenly something weird catches my eye on the back of his navy blue jacket. I get nearer to him to check what it is... it looks like something shiny like... makeup? I try to snifle it but he finishes his call and turns around only for us to almost collide. I take a step back from him.