She sat beside Taylor and looked over the lake. Memories came behind her eyes. It was where they were attacked for the first time. It was where she was buried and turned.

"Hey there, little one," Taylor greeted. She looked and smiled at her.

"Hey, Mom." She saw Andrea turn her head towards her at the corner of her eye.

Her adoptive mother looked at her with those intense gray eyes. "You don't call me that unless you're thinking about something. What is it?"

She sighed deeply, something she knew she never needed anymore. "Nothing."

"Jean," Andrea called her, making her look up. She watched the concerned faces of her mothers, and she couldn't help but feel loved by the two women. But she saw the anger and fear on Taylor's. Years had passed, but Adrian's presence hung over them.

"It's nothing serious. I just... I wish I could... meet my soulmate in this lifetime."

The worry vanished from both women and was replaced with an adoring and amused smile. Andrea sat beside her, trapping her between her and Taylor. She slung an arm over Jean's shoulder and kissed her temple.

"Oh, little one, you'll find him, or her. It doesn't matter, right?"

"No, I just... Aunt Camille was five hundred years old when she met your dad! I don't want to wait that long."

"That was still a relatively short time for a vampire, Jean," Taylor smiled sadly.

"I know," she sighed as she looked over the lake. "I remember that day, here."

"I know, it's been years, but still..."

"It's kinda hard to forget, isn't it?" She commented before turning to Taylor. "You still worry about it, don't you?"

Taylor looked down in her hands. "I do. Adrian and Scott's voice still rings in my ear, taunting me. I just don't want anyone to worry."

She turned her head towards the other woman. "But you could feel it, right?"

"Of course," Andrea answered. "She really couldn't hide it from me, but I just let her be. You know how brooding your Mom gets."

"Hey!" Taylor protested but when Andrea raised a brow she folded. "Yeah, you're right."

"It was over, Tay, you killed him."

Her face darkened. "I did. But apparently, not his influence. There are still those humans who know about us. There was a group, and their leader was still alive."

"He's probably old now."

"He was the one who abducted you."

She snapped her head towards the brunette. Taylor looked calm, but she could feel the heat radiate from her skin. Jean took her hand.

"It's been... two decades."

"I know. But... this group," Taylor took a deep breath before continuing, "they torture and experiment on vampires. To what end, we don't know. Adrian may be dead, but... he was right, it meant nothing. He wanted me gone so he sought the humans' help. And when he died, the humans' seemed to have another plan."

"I thought they were seeking immortality through us?"

"That was before. That was twenty years ago. According to our sources, the man had a son, the future leader, and he despised us. He wants us dead."

"Then we take him out first."

Taylor shook her head, smiling. "Come, we want to show you something."

The three of them went towards the armory. Taylor and Andrea went toward a shelf and when they returned, both of them had a box in their hand. They put it on a table and smiled at her.