Chapter 9: Lucky Juvia

Should I?

No. I can't risk it.

I don't want to experience the hurt again.

I can't risk giving Gray a chance.

But these feelings, these emotions won't go away.

What should I do?

What would be the best for the both of us?

Was I doing this all wrong?

But what we had done that night was worse, right?

I may have not shown it, but that night grew a new feeling.

No. It was the same as before, only stronger.

My love for him grew stronger. Ever since that night.

"Come back to me."

Did he really mean that? His eyes were a bit sad that night.

Ask him.

A voice said in my mind. I don't trust asking him about what he himself said. It would be too awkward.

I don't know. Ugh. I need help.

A girl's help.

I cast a protection spell again like last time to prevent people drowning. After weeks of doing that, I was able to get used to doing that. It made casting a little less exhausting.

I made my way to the restaurant. It was almost 6 PM. And lunch earlier, I tell you, it was really, REALLY, awkward. Especially, since we were across from each other.

He would still make those terrifying faces when I talk to Gajeel or even with just sharing a simple smile with him.

Is he on drugs or something? Joke.

But seriously. I wonder what is wrong with him?

I saw the person, or rather persons, I was looking for. They were sitting so casually on a stool with a cup in hand.

When I came in, they noticed me. "Juvia! You're early. Come sit with us!" Lucy-san patted a sit beside her. I sat, and it made me the center of the two girls.

"Okay. Now, SPILL."

I was taken aback by what Erza-san said. Really? Like, right now?

"You knew already...?"

"The three of us are the only ones who know Juvia. Or so I hope." Lucy-san said. (Lucy's company during the fireworks)

I sigh. "Juvia came here to ask for help. Or rather, just an advice will do."

"If it's everything within our field of wisdom, then I think we can." Erza-san reassured.

"Well, you see, Juvia doesn't understand his actions."

...silence...

"Juvia means. Juvia doesn't understand... Juvia doesn't know what's his purpose for doing those things and for saying those words!"

...silence...

"Hmmm, Juvia. I think you, of all people, would know why." Lucy-san said.

"True that. Gray is a secretive kind of guy. But from what I've observed, he's starting to show his hidden self to you. Hence, those actions and those words." Erza-san agreed.

"But Juvia...Juvia is confused. Really confused." I started to feel my tears falling down fast. Maybe, I should let it all go.

"Juvia doesn't know what she should do. Juvia doesn't want to get hurt anymore. Juvia doesn't want to experience getting replaced again. Juvia doesn't want to cry herself to sleep again. And most of all, Juvia doesn't want to hope for someone who's not going to be hers in the end again."

I felt the soft hands of the girls, trying to soothe me by gently rubbing my back. They didn't speak. They know that this was something not to be talked about.

I cried. And cried. And cried. And cried again.

"I don't want to be left behind again." I whispered. I lost my energy from all the crying. "I'm always the one left behind."

Even though it was just the three of us here, I felt another person's presence. Must be just my imagination since the magic aura disappeared after a while.

I felt my two girl friends hug me. I'm really lucky they are mine.

"You're not alone. You have us, remember? Who needs a man anyway when they would just leave you." Lucy-san beamed at me.

"Yeah. You've got fairy tail behind you! Except for, you know, him, obviously. Seriously, I'll punch the person who said having a lover is some kind of requirement to live your life!"

I blinked at them. "But Lucy-san, Erza-san, aren't you doing well with Natsu-san and Jellal-san? You have the same rooms don't you?"

...silence...

"Did you fight?"

...silence...

"You did, didn't you?" I asked, letting go from our hug.

"No! I-It's just. We kind of have the same situation as you have." Lucy-san confessed. "After the fireworks incident, the awkwardness started."

"Mine just started a while ago." Erza-san also confessed.

Then we were all silent. How could I be so selfish. Stupid Juvia! Here you are crying over something not worth crying for when your friends are also experiencing the same and you only knew just now.

"We'll talk about this later." Erza-san said.

"Yeah. For now, Bear Hug!"

Aww. And there we were, hugging each other tightly like wild monkeys.

Who cares. I have these amazing people I can call friends.

I'll worry about him later.

I'm glad I have them by my side.

Lucky Juvia.