Chapter 6: I realized...

I walk out of the bathroom and went to the hairdresser which has a big mirror. I grab the map of the park.

"Where are you going?"

I felt my body jump at the surprise. I look to my side and saw Gray laying down on his large bed, his arms over his head, and his eyes wandered to mine.

"J-Juvia wants to explore the park?"

Oh no. Why did it ever come out as a question? Ugh, stupid Juvia.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "At this time of the night?"

What's wrong with exploring at this time? "It's only 8:30 PM."

I gulp when he just stared at me. What's he thinking? Probably how hopeless I am.

I heard a defeated sigh. "You're hopeless."

I knew it.

"I'm coming with you." he said, standing up. I look at him from head to toe.

"U-um. Before tell me that, your clothes..." I said as I pointed to his...uh almost naked body. Good thing he has his boxers.

He quickly put on his usual white cloak over his dark red shirt and put on his dark pants. "Let's go." he eyed me as we walk outside.

How embarrassing. I only have my night dress.

We explored the aquarium where the dolphins are, the restaurants and bars, the manmade pond and garden, the auditorium, the book sale booths, the pools with many slides, the ice rink

We explored the aquarium where the dolphins are, the restaurants and bars, the manmade pond and garden, the auditorium, the book sale booths, the pools with many slides, the ice rink. The place was obviously grand.

Finally, we walked outside the park itself and went to the beach in front. Somehow, we became silent. And it was actually confusing. I don't know if it was a comfortable silence or an awkward.

We stop at a couple of borders and sat while watching the full moon's reflection on the sea.

Silence.

The only thing that was heard was the gentle sea breeze. It was actually relaxing but it was the other's presence that made it suffocating.

"W-why?"

I look at him. Oh no please don't. Not this question.

"W-what do you mean 'why'?" I tried to ask calmly but the nervousness was evident. He must have noticed it.

"You know why." He was still looking at the sea. I look away from him.

No turning back now Juvia.

I look back at the sea. "Juvia has realized... something." I paused, wanting to get ready for the next batch of sentences I'm about to reveal to him.

"Gray, Juvia remembered her past. She gave a chance to her first boy but then he failed Juvia. She gave a chance again to her second but then he also failed her. Then she gave another chance to her third, and as you probably know now, he also failed Juvia." I paused again. I smiled at a painful one. I couldn't take smiling happily when I remember those memories.

I look at him with a smile. Probably, a forced one. Who would laugh at these kind of situations anyway. "Juvia is moving on. It's for the best. Aren't you happy? Juvia is finally giving up on you. So you don't have to worry about the stalking and flirting anymore."

I smile at him. But that changed when I look at my wristwatch. It's already 11:55 PM. It's that late already?

I look at Gray who was still silent. I stood up and gestured him to do the same. When he still didn't stand, I gently grab his hand and pulled him. "We still have work tomorrow at 6 AM sharp. We need to sleep early. C'mon."

I started to let go of his hand but he only tightened it. "Do-don't let go."

I don't know what he meant by that. Me letting go of his hands or me letting go of my feelings for him. I can't also look at his face because it was dark due to him not facing the moon.

I didn't let go of his hand. But I still didn't reply to him or even nodded at him. We walk silently hand in hand on our way to our hotel room. I let go of his hand when we parted to our beds.

Don't hope Juvia. You'll get hurt again.