Part 11 - Six months later!

Start from the beginning

Frowning I take a step back making sure I’ve got the right house.

Nope, this is definitely the place!

“Can I help you?”  The blonde woman asks with an arched brow.

“Yeah, hi, uhm, is Stacy here?”  I ask my mouth suddenly dry.

Maybe this is the friend she told me about…

The woman’s arched brow turns into a frown, “Stacy doesn’t live here anymore; haven’t lived here for a while actually.”

“Do you know where I can find her?” I ask, doing my best to keep a straight face.

“No, we don’t have contact anymore, sorry!” She says.

She’s about to close the door when a thought occurs to me.

“Wait!  What about Theo?  Is he here?” I throw my hands up stalling her.

Another confused look crosses the blond lady’s face before she turns back into the house and yells, “Honey!  There’s someone here to see you!”

A minute later Theo appears in the doorway, he looks way more surprised than I. 

“Eric?  Well this is a surprise, come on in dude!” he opens the door fully and stands to the side.

Gingerly I walk through and follow him to the kitchen.

“Would you like a beer?” He asks.

“No thanks,” I wave him off, “I just thought I would drop by to see you and Stacy, but…”  I trail off. 

Theo pops the top off a beer and leans back against the counter.

“Yeah man, she doesn’t live here anymore,” he says and takes a sip of beer.

“So I’m gathered from…” Again I trail off and point into a general direction.

“Estelle; she moved in a few months ago,” Theo supplies.

“Oh, so… Stacy…?” I trail off again; this is like getting blood from a stone.

“Yeah she moved out after we broke up,” he stares at the ceiling, “that’s like five months ago?” 

“Oh, wow, I’m sorry to hear that, but it seems things are working out for you and Estelle?”  I say resisting the urge to just slam my fist on the counter and demand he tell me where Stacy is.

“Yeah, she’s nice…”  Theo says and takes another sip of beer before continuing, “I proposed and she said no.”

I frown, “Estelle?”

“No Stacy,” Theo says quietly.

The penny drops.

“Oh…”

“Yeah, she moved in with Libby and we haven’t really kept in touch.”

“Wow I’m sorry to hear that mate,” I say.  Not really sorry at all.

“Yeah…” Theo sighs and for a split second I do feel sorry for him, he looks genuinely sad.  But only a second because the next minute the blonde walks in with a glass of wine and perches herself on the countertop. 

Seems he moved on fast enough!

“Uhm, could you give me Libby’s address?”  I ask, ready to get out of here.

“Yeah sure, here,” he says and scribbles on a notepad attached to the fridge.

I pick up my helmet and palm the note, “Thanks, I’m glad to see you’re doing well,” I tip an imaginary hat to the blonde, “Estelle, nice to meet you.”