Mother

Sometime after Chapter 11. Anna

"Ah, it's been too long since we've last seen each other!" Flavia chuckled, patting my back a little too hard.

I gave her a nervous laugh. "Indeed. I'm surprised you were able to trek all the way to Ylisstol in the middle of January!"

"Nonsense. Regna Ferox has snow year-round. Traveling in the snow is nothing!" she exclaimed. "The only thing I'm worried about is that I left Basilio to watch over things in my absence!"

I smiled at her. "Still, you really didn't need to go through all this trouble just to see me!" Despite my already cold-flushed cheeks, I managed to blush even more. Flavia and I were taking a walk in one of the castle courtyards. There was snow everywhere but that did not stop us from enjoying the outdoors.

She waved me off. "Are you kidding me? I've been wanting to visit you for ages! In fact, Basilio and I were fighting over who was going to come here!" she smiled. "Besides, not even the harshest weather can stop me from seeing my sister and future niece."

I placed a hand on my swollen stomach. "Well, I really appreciate it." As soon as the war ended, Flavia pretty much adopted me into her family as her sister. The same went for Basilio. I recognized him as a father. He even walked me down the aisle at my wedding!

Wait, what did she just say? "Hold on, niece?" I giggled.

The Khan nodded. "Yes, niece. I'm certain that you're carrying a girl." She silently asked for permission to touch my stomach. I granted it. "I wouldn't know, but aren't you experiencing that hyper mother sense that tells you things about the baby?"

I hummed. "I guess so. And yes, I do believe that this little one is a girl."

"Ha! I knew it!" she cheered. "Hey, wait a minute, have you had a baby shower, yet?"

I shook my head. "No, Chrom and I aren't planning on having one."

Her eyes almost bulged out of her head. "Bull crap! We're going inside right now and planning this thing!" She grabbed my hand and began to lead me back inside.

"W-wait! Slow down! This isn't necessary!" I attempted to pull myself out of her grip but I knew it was hopeless.

She wasn't listening. "I can't believe that you didn't want to have a baby shower! You have so many reasons to celebrate! One: you're pregnant with the next Exalt. Second: she's yours and Chrom's first child. Third: she's my niece! All of my family deserves to be celebrated! And fourth: the fact that you're pregnant is reason enough to celebrate."

I sighed, letting her do what she wanted. "You know what...fine. I know I can't stop you."

"That's the spirit!"

...

Lissa and Flavia forced Chrom and me to clear our schedules for the next day. Luckily, the presence of a foreign leader meant that most courts and meetings were canceled. Still, we had a lot of work to do.

I groaned, leaning against my husband. "How long are they going to make us sit outside the Garrison?"

Chrom rested his tired head on mine. "Dunno. They said that they're fixing up the last of the preparations."

"I really regret telling Flavia about this..." I sighed. "And why did this thing have to be so early in the morning?"

He chuckled. "Love, it's 10 AM."

"Exactly, that's early."

Chrom opened his mouth to retort back, but I stopped him before he could. "I'm five months pregnant. I'm constantly tired. If I wake up any time before 10, I'm going to be grouchy."

My husband huffed in amusement. "Oh, I'm aware."

I stared daggers into him. "What's that supposed to mean?!?!"

A look of terror painted his face. "N-nothing! I just mean that, um, you're beautiful and lovely, even when you're emotions are everywhere!"

"Excuse me?!"

He was dead. "Er, I love you?"

Before I could murder him, the door swung open. "All right! We're done! Come on in!" Maribelle chimmed.

Chrom sighed in relief, standing. "Oh, thank the gods!" He extended his hand to me. "W-we should go in, love."

I didn't break my death-glare. "I'm going to need more than a hand to get up, Chrom."

Maribelle cleared her throat. "I'll let you two figure this out," she giggled. "Come in when you're ready!"

"W-wait, please don't leave me!"

...

"This was really nice of them to do this," Chrom muttered, wrapping his arm around me. We finally had a bit of peace and quiet for ourselves as everyone rushed around the room, looking for their presents to give me.

I hummed in agreement. "Even though I was against the idea, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't warmed up to it."

The Garrison was decorated in pink and blue ribbons, along with other baby related memorabilia. "Are you enjoying yourself?" Chrom asked me.

"Yeah, I am." I picked at one of the blue ribbons. "What gender do you think the baby is?"

He shrugged. "Honestly, I really have no preference," he said. "We will be blessed either way."

I smiled, nuzzling his neck. "I feel exactly the same way." I leaned up and whispered, "However, I really think that we will be blessed with a daughter."

His face lit up. "You think so?" He pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Well, I know better than to doubt your judgment. I cannot wait for our little girl to join us. She'll be just as headstrong and beautiful as her mother."

"And have the heart and courage of her father." I leaned against his chest. "I love you."

He kissed my hairline. "And I you."

"All right, lovebirds! It's time for presents!" Lissa chimed, handing us a poorly wrapped box. "Open mine first!"

"Now now, Lissa. Let Anna open whoever's present she wants," Flavia tutted. "But just so you know, my present is extra special. Only the best for my sister."

"Hey! She's my sister, too!" Lissa pouted, glaring at Flavia.

The Khan rolled her eyes. "Yes, well, we all know that I'll be the best aunt!"

"Best aunt?! Oh, you really want to fight, don't you?!"

"Bring it on, little princess!"

Chrom and I exchanged a glance. "This is our family, my love," I sighed, amused.

"A very chaotic but loving family," he chuckled.

"Indeed. I wouldn't have it any other way."

*****

Alrighty. Some explanation. So I originally had a baby shower chapter in My Story, but it was removed because I felt it was a very sloppy and poorly written chapter. So, to do it a bit of justice, I wrote another baby shower chapter that I'm proud of. Also, we really need more of the Khans being Robin's adopted family. Please. Anyway, my writing schedule may be a bit chaotic this week cuz I'm going to a theatre camp. But, I think I have enough stories pre-written to keep me somewhat sane through it. Thank you so much for reading and look forward to reading more!

Next Prompt: July 11th - Dance

Link: https://youtu.be/evHwVpyrXds