(31) To protect you.

Start from the beginning

"Hey, dad," I replied. I pulled out of his arms. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Of course. This is great," he admitted. "I love the music. I think I'm the new rockstar father," he smiled as I looked to him almost warningly.

"Oh god," I groaned. "Don't start crowd surfing," I held up my hand to signal him. He chuckled and I laughed with him.

"You know, I'm really proud of you, you've become a beautiful grown up girl who is already helping others, I couldn't be more grateful in who I've got as a daughter, you and Tammy are my life, and you'll never stop being just that wherever I go," he stated.

"I know dad, I'm grateful for you too," he smiled at me in reply.

"I need a talk with Kyle,"

"Again?" I groaned. "Please don't embarrass me, you know, I really really like him," I loved him, I could feel it in the depths of my heart.

"I won't embarrass you, I promise, now where is he?" As soon as he asked that, Kyle came bounding up to us and my father didn't need to look any further.

"Hey," Kyle shook my fathers hand. My father nodded and smiled in greeting.

Kyle turned to look at me and then gave me a slow peck on the cheek. I smiled and whispered in his ear, "he wants to talk to you again,"

"I know," he replied. I looked to him confusingly but didn't say a word. He then gave me a quick peck on the lips before standing straight and looking at my father.

My father smiled and I was grateful he wasn't anything but happy, especially when his daughter was being kissed.

"Come on, there's a spare room empty," Kyle stated to my father as they walked off together.

I was alone again now and I didn't know where Jordan was. Maybe Matt was around somewhere? I was hoping he was.

I walked off and targeted the little stalls up and around the field. There was nothing better to do and what's better than shopping when you're bored? Apart from eating, I suppose nothing was.

There was a strong smell of different foods in the air as soon as I was close, and I savoured the smells all together.

There were plenty of people here so it was hard to get to some places, but I didn't mind. It didn't bother me one bit, I think this was the first time I was actually happy to see loads of people. Only because I knew it was for the charity Kyle and I established.

And now my mind was back to Kyle. It was always Kyle. Why did he have to waltz into my life in that god damn leather jacket and that motorbike and his silky dark hair? I guess I was grateful to have him. He was everything I needed, everything I wish I had.

And I do have him, I have him because he's mine. I couldn't express how much he meant to me, or how much I needed him, because words just wouldn't cut it. I couldn't express my love for him because my hearts inside it's cage, and nobody will understand how fast it beats when I'm near him, or how much it bursts when I hear him. But I guess, aslong as my heart still beats, I know he's here.

"Cali!" I heard my name being shouted. I turned around through the crowds to see Matt making his way up to me.

I jumped in his arms when I saw him.

"Hey Matt,"

"Baby girl, how's it going?" He set me down on the floor. I smiled up to my bestfriend who supported a great pair of light skinny jeans and a pale blue top.

"Good, are you enjoying yourself?" I asked. He flicked a piece of hair out of his face.

"I'm more than enjoying myself, those band boys are making me a little sweaty and flustered," his eyes twinkled as he waved a hand infront of his face too cool himself down. I laughed.