The Killer

It was a rose. A single rose. We thought it was harmless. It was a gift, the gift of death.

Amber was the first in a long line. She found a rose on a rose bush and picked it. It was different from the others, she liked different. But now she's different from everyone else, everyone else is living life, having fun. But Amber isn't, Amber is dead. Her boyfriend, Cody, saw her dead. He kept the rose as a token of her, but it was just a token to his death. Why did they die, no one knew. Cody's mom was crying snd sobbing when she saw Cody dead on the ground. She was so scared, she had to hold on to something. She held on to the rose. She made a wish, a wish that she could be with her only child. She got her wish, she died moments after.

Close friends took Cody and his mother to the cemetery. There is a funeral with family and friends and flowers. And yes, the rose. Everyone commented and said the rose was the nicest flower in the whole bouquet. To a girl named Zoey, the flower was too nice. So nice she took it. She took it home and put it in a vase. The vase shattered as Zoey hit the floor, dead.

Zoey's mom was horrified. Once zoey was gone her mom packed up all her favorite things. Zoey's favorite sweater, a photo album, and a rose. The rose Zoey held as she died. She carefully examined the rose and went to put it in the box. Right before it was in the box, she collapsed on the floor, dead, like her daughter.

Zoey's cousin, Ashlyn, comes to visit. She sees them dead on the floor. She breaks down crying and sees the box Zoey's mom was packing of Zoey's favorite things. Ashlyn looks through the photo album and looks down at Zoey's mom, she sees the rose. Ashlyn remembered the rose from Cody's funeral. She took the rose back to the cemetery and placed it on Cody's grave. With in seconds she's dead on the ground.

Everyone is oblivious. When will people realize what's killing everyone? The gift, the difference, the token.