3) Pricking past 😓

At Rakesh's home..

"Na-nana-nana-nana-na-nana
Aaye rut mastani na-nana-nana." Singing a song from heart Rakesh climbed the stairs to his room.

'So. What did she say?' Sitting in the drawing room and reading the newspaper attentively Mayank Malhotra, asked his son.

"She needs time to understand and get adapted to every situation now." Rakesh blurted out without a careful consideration.

"Wait! What? Whom are you talking about, dad? I don't know what you're asking of." On the being caught Rakesh tried to manipulate the situation.

'I am talking about the girl you have been recently playing in your mind. Someone who has taken over your heart. Someone for whom you are humming a song now. And that particular someone whom you proposed at Rathore constructions.' With a glint in his eyes Mayank Malhotra kept the newspaper down on table and looked at his son who smiled keeping his eyes to the floor.

"Dad, how do you come to know everything about me?" Rakesh rubbed his neck out of curiousity but still with a smile curved on his face.

'Son, its been two years now. And I have seen you falling for her. Being your father I understand the rules to your heart. Altough your mother passed away at your tender years of age I have always tried to take the responsibilities of a mother. So son, now you think of dusting my eyes about your love, do you?' Mr. Malhotra explaines his son.

"Dad, you are always more than a mother to me. I swear." Rakesh blinked his eyes of assurance.

'So if that's the case then I'm going to talk about you and Kuhu with her parent at Rathore residence this saturday. What say? I can't wait to see my son ride the mare especially when the reason is a very charming girl like Kuhu who is the key to your heart now.' Mr. Malhotra informed his son.

"As you wish dad."

'My wish? Aren't you prepared for this son? Okay let's postpone it then.'

"No! No! I meant to say you're visting them this saturday and I'll call off all your meetings at office. Rakesh's restless voice made Mr. Malhotra laugh aloud mocking and teasing Rakesh.

'I know you my son.' Mr. Malhotra winked.

 Malhotra winked