11.| Oh Shit, It's the Wizard Cops!

Start from the beginning

Before Duncan could open his mouth and protest that Phil was, in fact, alive, Tony pushed himself up from his chair and went to leave the area. In passing, he looked at Duncan, one of the people noted to lack faith in their abilities. But it wasn't as simple as Fury put it and Duncan wished he had enough time to explain to the man before he walked off.

It wasn't like the wizarding world didn't have faith, but they had their own cautions that they felt the need to hold onto. In a way, the wizarding world had yet to recover from attacks brought on by No-Majs, such as the witch trials, it was one of the reasons why they didn't allow their magic to be exposed out in the open. There world and lives had been threatened before, whether it was by their own kind, by No-Majs, and now it seemed by a race of aliens that weren't from their planet but still wished to see everything destroyed.

Duffy and Duncan were assigned as a backup plan, not due to the lack of faith, but due to the fact that the wizarding world could not risk these attacks or they would never find peace, they would only find themselves worried, constantly looking over their shoulders or always hiding.

Fury had the wrong idea if he believed that he and Duffy were simply there because they expected the No-Majs to screw up, they came as help, not as superiors.

"Here, Mjölnir, here, boy!" Duffy called throughout the field. Apparently, since she was fully capable of walking, Thor didn't seem to keen on the idea of carrying her, especially when it left him red in the face whenever she peered up at him with a smile. But since landing in the field, Thor's hammer had been misplaced as it had been tossed away from him and for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to summon it. It left the two of them to find it and so far, Thor just found himself bewildered by the witch, who called out the name of his hammer.

"Why are you calling it like that?" Thor asked her, calling across the way. Duffy peered up and looked over at him through the tall grass. "You sound childish."

"Says the man that named his hammer," Duffy scoffed as she started moving again, " I have a wand, but I didn't name her Wanda, did I? So let's go easy on the judgment here, shall we? I don't know why you can't just summon it like you did before. I mean, we normally just use Accio. So, Accio Mjölnir!"

She turned around only to see that Thor had long found his hammer and was holding it in his hand.

"Oh," she muttered before she flashed him a brightened look, " see, it worked! You're welcome! And now that you're taken care of, I need to get moving. I need to make sure that MACUSA heeded my warnings."

Thor was about to say something to her, but Duffy left him with little chance as she apparated from the scene. She arrived outside of the Woolworth Building, only to see a bright beam of blue light shooting up into the sky in the distance. She took a few steps away from the building, following suit of the many people around her, as she gazed up at the sky as a circle began to open. For many reasons, Duffy didn't think that it was a good sign and looking at the people around her, they were all about to be in trouble in just a few moments.

Heading towards the secret entrance, Duffy ran into the MACUSA headquarters, ready to call out to every Auror she knew and possibly every witch and wizard present for some assistance, but as she ran inside, she stopped when she saw them all lined up in front of her.

Abhaya stood front and centred, approaching Duffy first. "We received your message just a short while ago," she told her, " I assembled everyone that I could. We're waiting on your word."

"There's no time for that!" Duffy shook her head. "It's already begun, you need to get out there and get the protective barriers up now! And now just within our territory but all over. The lives of the wizarding folk and No-Majs are equally on the line. Just prepare yourselves, because believe me, I think we're all about to witness something that makes goblin riots and troll protests look like nothing. I don't know how our magic is going to hold up against what's coming, but it's worth a shot. Just go! Go out there!"