Chapter 5

Huey's emotions took over him as his body fell to the ground and was racked with uncontrollable sobs. His hands trying to wipe away every tear that fell from his eyes. Dewey sat up from the ground, pushing Louie, who was on top of him, back. He crawled carefully towards Huey to check on him.

"Huey? Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?" He sobbed, "Seriously!? No, I'm not!" Dewey reached out towards his brother, but Huey pushed him away. "Leave me alone!" He yelled. "Y-you don't know what it's like." Louie made his way over towards his older brothers, wanting to help in the situation.

"What are you talking about Huey?" Louie asked.

"Stay out of it Llewellyn." Dewey snapped. Huey's sobs got louder.

"That's what I'm talking about! You two are always fighting and fighting......!" Dewey looked down ashamed.

"We don't mean to.....I mean, everyone fights with someone at some point in their life, right?"

"Y-yeah, Dewey's right, everyone fights."

"You guys are so, s-so dumb!" Huey started. "I know that everyone fights, it's something that has to happen at some point, but you two don't seem to care about how I feel when you two fight, how I feel every time I have to stop you, how I feel every time I take one of the hits trying to stop you. Sometimes I wondered why I even tried stopping you two from fighting. I thought I should have just let it happen, but no, because that is not how it's supposed to be. The responsibilities of an older brother are to take care of his younger brothers, to protect them, to stop them from hurting themselves, or each other, to make sure that they grow up in a safe environment. That's what my responsibilities are, and have been ever since mom left us with Uncle Donald.....but you two have to make it so difficult. It's not that hard when we get along, but when things go wrong, I always have to fix them, and it's expected of me now, because of the way that you two act. Because you two are so childish all the time I'm always the one cleaning up your messes, and it's tiring, it's difficult, i-it's annoying!"

"Huey, how could we have known, you never say any-"

"Shut-up, I'm not done yet." Huey interrupted Dewey. "You think I never tried to tell you guys? I have, many times, but you never listen. That's why, I finally had enough. That's why I ignored you two, that's why I yelled at you, that's why I was mad at you. You two never take the chance to just sit down and listen to what I have to say, and that's the reason why I'm finally letting all of my pent up emotions out. They've been trapped for far too long, and that's why I let them go and......I......I-I'm sorry that they did." Dewey hugged his brother, surprising the red duckling.

"You don't have to be sorry about that Huey. It's okay. I don't know why you're sorry, it's normal for people to have emotional breakdowns like this, it's perfectly normal."

"But, I can't, I have to worry about you two, and then me."

"That's the wrong answer Hue," Louie started. "We can worry about ourselves, and you can worry for us too, if, and only if, you get your emotions dealed with first." Dewey nodded in agreement.

"We appreciate that you love us so much Huey, but, we can take care of ourselves, and I'm sure you know that. So please, worry about yourself first, because the, we worry about you." The tears that had stilled in Huey's eyes were now flowing once again. He hugged Dewey back and rested his head on his shoulder. Louie sat there on his knees watching his older brothers hug. His eyes were fixed on the ground below him. Huey grabbed Louie's arm and pulled him into the hug, the green triplet surprised at the action. He then joined the hug and closed his eyes as he did. Huey enjoyed being hugged by his brothers, knowing that if always worried about them, they would always worry about him.

"I hope you guys know, that I'll always be older.....so, I'll always have,

The Responsibilities of an Older Brother."

~Fin~