Chapter 4 They Just Keep On Coming

It was nightfall. Mom and Dad came into my room to check on me. I decided that I was going to tell them about my past.

Mom walked into my doorway. "Hey Crystal?"

"Yeah?"

"It's lights out."

"Okay."

"Well good night." She started to walk out when.

"Oh wait!"

She stopped at the door and turned around.

"Yeah what is it Crystal?"

"I um I would like to talk to you about something, something important."

She came over and sat on  the bed that I was sitting up on.

"Yeah what is it?"

"Well something has been heavy on my heart lately. I've been having dreams. Dreams about my biological parents. And I just want to talk about it with someone."

She nodded her head indicating me to continue.

"Well where should I begin? Oh yeah. Well it all started 8 years ago. My mother left home. My dad was so depressed that he relied on alcohol.  He went threw women like water as well but there was this one time when a woman stayed. At that time my father was already abusive. At first it was just verbal abuse. But when that one woman came it turned physical. I had to protect me and my little sister day after day. But one day it was different from before they were drunk and mad. They had just gotten back from a party. My dad had a bat and the woman had a knife. That day my little sister died." While I was telling her this I didn't even notice the tears spilling out of my eyes.

I felt a warm hand on my face the fingers brushed away my tears. I looked at the face of who the fingers belonged to. She looked at me with sad eyes there was even a tear or two. She pulled me into a hug. I was shocked at first but accepted it crying into her chest. And at that my first day of school came to a close.

Time skip to next day

I woke up refreshed. I stretched out my limbs and hopped out of bed. I changed into my usual outfit and grabbed my Aphmau merch backpack. And sped downstairs. I didn't see anyone. Hmph must still be asleep whatever I'll just make some breakfast and head out. I put a pice of toast into the toaster. I realized that I had not done my homework yet so I sat down and worked on it waiting for my toast to pop. I finished about one minute before the toasted popped. I put it in my mouth and sped out the door.

Time skip to school

I was at the front of the school when I noticed Rachel and Susan waving at me. I walked over and we started conversing like normal friends do when.

"Ow!" I yelped being knocked to the floor.

Susan quickly helped me up While Rachel was telling off the guy who knocked me down.

"Hey! You should watch where you're going!"

"I'm sorry."

"What's up with that halfas-"

"It alright."I said standing up. "He said he was sorry. I'm sorry about my friend she can overreact sometimes."

"N-no problem." He said his face all red.

"Hey are you okay? Your face is red are you feeling sick?" I asked putting my forehead against his. His face got hotter and redder eventually he just fainted. "Ack!" I yelped grabbing him before he reached the ground.

"Hey are you okay?" Susan stammered.

"He's fine I'll just take him to the infirmary." I said scooping him up in my arms princess style. The other girls looked at me in awe as I raced off.

Time skip to the infirmary

I slammed the door open with my hip. The nurse looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "What's wrong?"

"This guy fainted and his face feels really hot." I answered stepping forward towards the man. "Well for now we'll just put him on the bed." "Okay."I went over and set him down onto the bed as gently as I could. "Thank you Doctor." I said before running out the door.

Time skip to the gate

I was just about to head home when the guy that I saved ran over. Hey wait! He shouted running up to me. Oh it's the guy from earlier.

Yeah want is it?

"I was just wondering, I mean, thank you for earlier."

"Oh it was no prob."

"Um hey can I get your number?"

"Sure thing! We exchanged numbers."

"Um hey I forgot to mention I haven't heard your name yet mine is Crystal."

"It's Chad."

I smiled. "Nice to meet you Chad."