Chapter 1

Kaya's POV (kai)

"KAYA, GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND GET DOWN HERE" my foster mother shouted out, I mumbled, slowly getting out of bed.

I looked around my room (she lives in the attic) trying to find my clothes box, once found, I quickly striped and put on a black T-Shirt and some baggy grey pants.

I went to the other side of the room, opened a draw and got out some cleaning supplies, before I left the attic, I checked to make sure that I was still wearing my locket, it was the only thing I had that had any connection of my real family, and there was no way I'd give it up.

After getting my self ready, I headed downstairs, only to find that Margret (mum) and John (dad), had already gotten the things I needed to clean the house out for me.

I gulped as John glared at me, he threw the cleaning utensils at me and walked away (not before giving me a hard thwack in the stomach).

as I cleaned I winced in pain, I held my now bruised stomach, I could also clearly hear Margret yelling at me for being " useless, freak,belongs in a cage,no wonder my parents gave me up ect". I didn't mind being called names, but when they put my real family into the conversation, that's it I snap.

I stood up with the broom, I growled "don't EVER put my family into this" I said, she grinned "why, because you know that they never loved you, they thought you were useless, and because they abandoned you" she said mockingly.

I could feel tears prick at my eyes, I dropped the broom, grabbed my bag and headed to my new school (Kagome's school).

I was very small and skinny for my age, so when people saw me, they always said things like "you so cute, how old are you and why are you so skinny sweety" and I always answered "I'm 15".

every time I said that, they would look at me as though I was crazy.

don't forget to vote :-)