Chapter 47

When Elizabeth's phone buzzed in the drawer of her desk she didn't notice it doing so. Nor did she know the impact of the message. So it is safe to say that at that point she was completely unaware of what was about happen. 

At that very moment, she was in a meeting. In fact, she wouldn't read that text until that afternoon. Some say ignorance is bliss...

James, on the other hand, was quite on edge. Ever since that meeting had ended he had wanted answers. Sure he might be overreacting, but why hadn't she told him anything about that? 

He sat behind his desk, staring out of the window behind him when there was a knock on the door. "Come in," he said not turning around. 

"Sir, it's 6, would it be alright if I leave?" His assistant asked tentatively. 

"Yeah." He said slightly dazed. "I mean yes!" He said looking up at her. "Yes you may." 

The girl nodded and was about to leave.

"Wait!" He said suddenly remembering something. 

The young woman stiffened as he said that, she had been working for him for a month now and she had been on edge quite a large amount of that time. Sure being a P.A. is demanding, but being a P.A. for this man was downright terrifying. He had fired quite a few P.A.'s after his old one left. Adding to that, knowing that he once had the 'perfect' assistant, doesn't really brighten spirits. 

So when he told her to wait she feared the worst. 

"Before you leave, did you write down my appointment with Mr. Johnson?" He said. 

The young lady released a breath she didn't even know that she was holding. "Yes I did sir. Friday the 8th at 15:00 sharp."

"Thank you, Marion, see you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow sir." She nodded quietly before leaving the room.

At around six pm Elizabeth got back to her phone, quickly grabbing it before leaving the building. With bag in one hand and phone in the other, she walked into the parking garage and over her car. She quickly opened her car door and stepped inside the vehicle. 

She was about to put her phone away when she noticed the text by James. 

We need to talk....

That doesn't sound to good... She thought to herself as she read it. What would there be wrong? She wondered as she debated calling him for a moment. Deciding that she would see him at home she drove out of the garage and to her appartment.

Once she reached the lobby she smiled at Wallace who greeted her kindly, before saying, "The skies are dark today ma'm, they're dark as can be. " 

"Wallace what are you talking about the sun is shining bright."  

"I know ma'm I know." he said pointing up. 

It then clicked in her head that he was most likely talking about James. 

"Ah I see, thank you Wallace." 

"Allways ma'm."

Elizabeth breathed in a big gulp of air as she put the key into the door. Softly she turned the key, not wanting to be heard. 

The door opened slowly and Elizabeth stepped in. She put her bag away and walked further into the appartment. All the way over to James who was sitting on the couch legs spread. 

"We need to talk." He repeated to her as she walked over to him. 

Sitting accros from him he said, "About what?" 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He asked her leaning forward.

"Didn't tell you what?" She said crossing her legs. 

"Don't pretend, Elizabeth you know damn well what I am talking about." He said getting up from the couch. 

"Pretend? Pretend? How old are you? Tell me what bothers you." 

"The job offer why didn't you tell me?" James said.

"Ah now I see." Elizabeth said getting up. "You heard about that and thought that I had took it?"

"That I don't know, but why didn't you tell me is what bothered me." 

"I didn't tell you because I needed time to think. I needed time to think what I want."

"What do you want?"

"I want to be happy." She said leaning against the edge of her kitchen table. 

"I want you to be that too." James said looking at her. "I'll won't stop you if you want to move there. I'll buy us a nice house there." He started but was cut of by Elizabeth. 

"See that's not what I want. I don't think that will make me happy." She said walking over to him. "You see, I don't care much about money. You know. Because money can't buy me love." She smiled. "And I think... That I'm happy and that I'll remain happy right here where I am. That's why I called Mr. Urrick this morning to decline his offer."

At that moment she was standing face to face with him. Slowly she wraped her arms around his neck. "I told him that I'm happy to stay right where I am." 

"God I love you..." James said right before kissing her pasionatelly.