Chapter 25 | Didn't You Hear? I'm Pretty Badass

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, I guess so,” He shrugs indifferently before sitting up in his bed. “I mean, not so much about the ceremony because it’s gonna be really boring, but you being there is gonna make it a lot more bearable though, I think,” Graham tells me. “But I am happy for Cass and Tucker.”

“Do you practice being such a cheeseball or does it just come naturally?” I ask Graham with a small laugh as a blush creeps across my face.

Today is Saturday, February 8, aka, Cassidy and Tucker’s Wedding Day. Even though I haven’t known Tucker all that long at all (only like four months) and I’ve known Cassidy for an even shorter amount of time, I’m actually pretty excited for the wedding. Well, not so much the wedding itself, because those things are boring, I would think, unless you’re the bride or the groom, but more so the reception, I guess.

But ever since Cassidy asked me to be a bridesmaid, I (and the other three bridesmaids) have had a lot to do with the planning of the wedding and working a lot of the last minute details out, so seeing it finally come together is going to be really amazing.

“It just comes naturally, I guess,” He replies with a laugh and another shrug. He’s very shrug-y today. “I’m pretty sure you love it though.”

“I do,” I agree, sitting up in his bed and climbing over on his lap, straddling him. “I love everything about you,” I tell Graham matter-of-factly.

“I love everything about you too,” He states, loosely wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning down, placing his lips to mine for a kiss.

I have no idea what time it is right now but we’ve both been up for at least an hour or so—we’ve just been too lazy to get out of bed to do anything other than brush our teeth and shower (separately, which I’m sure you could have guessed, but I just wanted to make that clear).

The wedding is supposed to start at 12 o’clock (which is weird because from what I’ve seen on TV, weddings usually happen around the late afternoon and not the morning) so I guess we’ll have to stop making out pretty soon and get ready to go.

“Graham!” Jackson exclaims from outside of the closed bedroom door a couple of minutes later, just as Graham moves his lips away from mine and to my neck, sucking gently on the skin. I know that he’s leaving a hickey—he likes to do that, I guess, because he’s left at least three of them on me since we first got together. I don’t really mind it at all though, because it feels really good whenever he does it—it’s just kind of heart trying to hide them from my brother, who I’m pretty sure would murder Graham in cold blood if he saw a hickey on me.

“If we ignore him, I’m sure he’ll go away,” Graham murmurs in a low voice, making no move at all to go and see what his baby brother wants.

“We can’t just ignore him,” I giggle, hesitantly pulling away. “We can have an amazingly hot make out session later— I promise,” I swear.

“I’m holding you to that, just so you know,” Graham tells me matter-of-factly as I climb off of his lap and grab the remote, turning the TV on.

“Graham!” Jackson shouts from outside of the door and then he literally starts banging on it with his little fist. “Let me in! Please!” He pleads.

“Okay, okay—calm down, I’m coming,” Graham calls to his little brother. He gets up from his bed and then walks over to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open. “What’s up?” He asks, glancing down at Jackson.

“I spilled milk on my tux!” He exclaims, walking past Graham and into the bedroom with a sad look on his face.

“Why were you drinking milk with your tux on?” Graham asks, crossing the room and picking his t-shirt up from the floor and pulling it on.