My High School Love Experience

I was starting my junior year whenever we moved to Pittsburgh, I didn't know anyone, and had absolutely no motivation to start meeting new people. Oh, by the way, I'm McKayla Greene. My first day at Brentwood Senior High School was weird, actually pretty cliche. I didn't know my way around the huge school, at all, and walking to find my locker I dropped all of my stuff. This guy ran up to me and helped me gather my stuff back together. "Hi, you new here?" he asked. "Yeah, um I moved here from southern Kentucky." I said. A weird silence gazed between us. "I'm McKayla." I said to break the silence, while shaking his hand. "Oh, I'm Kaleb Seaton." he said while chuckling and shaking my hand back. "Maybe um, if you'd like, I could show you around the school." he added. Of course, I would never pass up the offer. I mean, I needed to know my way around the school, and plus, it wouldn't hurt to have a friend around. I went with him around the school and he took me to my first period class. Turns out, we have the first 3 periods together. The only period we didn't have together was 6th period Calculus. I had the advanced math class, like I've had since 6th grade. Math never came easy to me, but since I knew I struggled, I always tried extra hard, and ending up advancing to the next class at the end of the year. After my 6th period class we went to 7th period together, then we hung out after school. We kind of hit it off from the start, only for me to discover that I might be falling for him. He was sweet, goofy, and attractive. Oh, and I had also just found out he was the star football player at the school. 

9 Months Later:

Me and Kaleb are still REALLY good friends. Only, my feelings have grown stronger for him over the last 9 months. I want to tell him how I feel, but if he doesn't feel the same way, I would embarrass myself for the rest of my life. Everyone was beginning to prepare for prom. Promposals were being held throughout the hallways, all during lunch, and in the parking lot after school where students wouldn't get busted for PDA. I was beginning to wonder if I should just skip prom this year because there were very slight chances I'd get asked to prom. I mean hell, I was still considered the "new kid." The next week I had already given up on prom when the doorbell rang. When I went to answer it, Kaleb had promposed. I was happier than words could express. We went to prom together, happy as ever. I wore a light pink dress, the entire top was beaded, it was strapless and long. He wore a black tux with a light pink tie. It was the BEST night of my life.