"I should get going," Steve said softly, now retrieving his things from Bucky. Steve almost began to walk away, but Bucky stopped him.

   "Come on man!" Bucky cheered, and Steve looked back at him. "It's Carmen and I's last night! Gotta get you cleaned up." Bucky walked forward and put an arm around Steve. Meanwhile, Carmen walked on the other side of Steve, thus making Steve in the middle of his best friends.

   "Why? Where are we going?" Steve asked as Bucky pulled out a flyer. He unfolded it to show Carmen and Steve. When he did so, it revealed an ad to the World Exposition Of Tomorrow.

   "The future." Bucky smiled. "Besides I've got some real dolls for us." This made Steve roll his eyes, but nevertheless, just let his friend continue to speak. Which had now just come to a realization to Steve of how chatty Bucky is today. Carmen had yet noticed since she has been with Bucky almost all day. But when Bucky questioned her, she wishes she'd noticed earlier. "What about you Carmen?" Bucky started, now looking at Carmen. "Any special guy you're going with?"

"Oh no," Carmen said with a chuckle while shaking her head. "I was asked but, I'll only be taking Louie." The thing is, Carmen did say yes to that date, but she had to cancel when all Louie could do all week on the phone is rave about this event. When Carmen asked Louie why he doesn't go with some friends, his reply broke her heart even more. The little boy had told her that he has no friends, and nobody likes him because of his stutter. She had than knew she had to cancel.

   It would've been much simpler if mama Ripley could take her son. But Carmen's not dumb, she knows her mother is cooped up in their father's hospital room, heartbroken. And though Louie and Carmen are going to lose their father, the girl could never imagine what it's like to lose the love of your life, your soulmate. Her father and mother haven't spent a day without each other since they were about eighteen. It kills Carmen to know that, sadly, soon it won't be that way.

"That's alright!" Steve told her cheerily, "I'd rather be going with you two than Sergeant Barnes over here." When he spoke, Steve made sure to elbow Bucky in the side. But in all honesty? He doesn't mind that Bucky found him a date. What he does mind, is knowing how disappointed the girl will be when she actually sees what he looks like. And sometimes, Steve wishes he could've just fallen in love with Carmen. But only because it would be much easier to get her to fall in love back because she knows the true him, and won't judge him by the outside. But in the end, Steve knows, Carmen isn't his to love that way.

"C'mon it'll be fun!" Bucky protested, "besides, I'm sure Louie and Carmen will join us at one point." Carmen knew Bucky's right, Louie would never hang out with Carmen and not be able to see Steve and Bucky. Louie loves Bucky and Steve just as much as Carmen, and if not more. The little boy looks up to both of them so much, and Louie will always ask how the two older boys are doing. Not because he wants to bring them up, but because he genuinely cares and hopes they're happy.

   But Carmen didn't bring that up in her response. She already knows Steve and Bucky know that they'll see the Ripley siblings tonight. Instead, she decided to part ways with the boys. "I have to go," Carmen began, "I have to pick Louie up from the hospital, then I have to change." With that, the three of them parted ways with happy goodbyes, all to get ready for the World Expo.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   Before walking into her dad's hospital room, Carmen tried to steady and calm her breathing. All for the purpose of not walking in there and bursting out in tears at the sight of her father. But also because she feels guilty. Carmen wishes she still has hope for her father living, but she knows, that it would just be false hope.