Chapter 4

Summary: Kirishima gathers up the courage to text the the woman he has his eye on, the weight of making himself appear interesting heavy on his mind.

____________________________________________

"Oh my god no way you did it!" Ochako gave Ryuko an energetic high-five when she relayed that she gave the coffee shop guy her number on impulse. "Don't be nervous I'm sure it'll turn out fine."

"Mmm...did you happen to catch his name?" Tsu put a finger to her chin, considering what she told Ochako earlier in the week.

"Yeah, Kirishima I'm pretty sure, why?" Tsu looked at Ochako and nodded.

"You're lucky then, it's probably the same guy I went to college with. His description sounded familiar but you didn't give his name so I wasn't completely sure."

"Oh shit, you know him? Well...was this a bad decision? Is he gonna murder me when I least expect it?" Tsu shook her head with furrowed brows.

"You listen to too many of those crime podcasts, don't be so paranoid. He was actually really nice, we weren't close though. He seemed like the type who would treat his significant other well, he was very much into helping other people whenever he could. Seemed like the supportive type."

"Oh wow, that good huh? He sounds like a sappy cuddler, I love it. Well I guess I just have to wait now and see if he texts me..."

As soon as Bakugou walked in the door, he could tell something happened. Kirishima had this triumphant grin on his face, his slightly pointy teeth looking more prominent than usual. It made Bakugou's morning scowl deepen.

"Oi, shitty-hair. What's that look for?"

"Ooh...I don't know...it might be a look that says I WON!" Kirishima thumb-pointed back at himself proudly as Bakugou looked on in confusion.

"Eh? What are you talking about?"

"I. Got. Her. Number!" Kirishima waved the scrap of paper in front of Bakugou's face, a look of recognition lighting up as he connected the pieces. He attempted to snatch the paper from Kirishima's hand, but it was pulled away at the last second.

"No no no, this is for me not you. She was here this morning and mentioned she saw you last night at the music thing?"

"Yeah she was there, and how the fuck did you get her number so fast?!"

"She gave it to me, I didn't even have to ask." The smug look on Kirishima's face was enough to make Bakugou turn around and head into the back of the shop to clock in, punching the numbers in a little too forcefully.

"After all this trouble, if you fuck this up I'm going to laugh at you."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence..." Kirishima turned from his coworker to take the order of the next person in line. She gave him her number, meaning she was interested. Now he just had to prove he was interested - and interesting - as well.

Ryuko sat and ate lunch at her desk, catching up on work that needed to get done when her phone buzzed. She didn't recognize the number, but the text tipped her off to who it was:

xx-xxxx-xxxx: "Hi! This is Kirshima, the coffee shop guy!"

"Oh shit that was fast, he's not playing around with that high school 'don't text them for three days leave them waiting and wanting' garbage, good." She saved him in her phone and replied:

R: "hey! i see my note wasn't in vain then"

K: "a bold move that paid off haha, i finally know your name :)"