Chapter 2

Chapter Summary: Interactions don't always end up pleasant, and Bakugou's patience with Kirishima's current crush wears thin.

____________________________________________________________

"Hey Tsu, what do you think of the new office space? It's way bigger than the old office, more fridges...overall not a bad upgrade." The burgundy-haired woman sat at a small table picking at her homemade bento. Her green-haired coworker looked up from her own food, eyes scanning around the large kitchen space.

"Mm, yeah I like it. Doesn't feel like a giant concrete box anymore. We don't have much time to get adjusted though, the deadline won't move anymore."

"Yeah, I'll be here late again today. At least the sidewalks are well-lit with streetlamps. Do you know what time that coffee shop closes a few blocks away? I might pick up something on the way to the train."

"Ooh, the one with the cute guy right?" Ochako's eyebrows wiggled suggestively as she dug into her own bowl of hot noodles and rice. "But to answer your question it's a coffee shop, and those places usually don't stay open very late." The woman across from Ochako and Tsu chewed the inside of her cheek and rolled her eyes at her friend's first statement.

"Oh my god, I've only been in there twice. He was kinda cute and nice and that's it, don't make me regret telling you."

"Ryu, it's not a big deal. Just ask him on a date or something." Tsu was always the one with the most blunt – but logical – answer to every dilemma. That's what made her very good at her job.

"Wh- I'm not just going to ask out some weird guy who I don't really know. I gotta test the waters...make sure he isn't a crazy person first." Ryu picked at her food as Ochako and Tsu glanced at each other, then back to their friend.

"Guys are dumb and really oblivious, sometimes you gotta spell it out for them that you're interested. If you keep going back, and he starts asking questions to find out more about you, then you'll know he's curious. If not, just play it by ear. If he tries anything funny we got your back." The bubbly brunette stuffed some rice into her mouth and gave Ryu a wink.

"Thanks, I can't deal with more relationship drama." She looked down at her phone, checking the time while picking up the last pieces of rice from her bento. "Shit, gotta get back. I'll chat you that prop design when I get back, Tsu." Ryu stood up from the table, leaving her coworkers to finish their own lunches. Tsuyu nodded in acknowledgment, turning back to Ochako.

"I didn't want to say anything, but that guy she described sounds kinda familiar. Mostly the bright red spikey hair. I knew someone in college who looked just like that, but I think he moved away to look for work. Could be just a coincidence, though."

"Mmmhm, could be. Was he nice, though?" Tsuyu placed a finger on her chin, thinking back to about three years ago before graduation.

"Yeah, if it's the same guy, he was really nice and friendly. He'd treat his partner well I think. We talked in the classes that overlapped, but we didn't hang out or anything." Ochako nodded. Ryuko had been at the company nearly four years, Tsuyu and herself just coming in two years ago. They all usually ate lunch together, talking about anything other than office politics – not that it was a bad place to work, but it's good to separate personal time and work time. She hoped her friend could find someone nice to date, considering her bad relationship luck in the past. It's what she deserved, and Ochako would make sure nothing got too out of hand.

It was almost 8:00 before Ryuko finally left the office to head home. She had just gotten a promotion a few months earlier, and was now a director within her department at the studio. Along with a pay-raise came added responsibility and work, so late hours were to be expected unfortunately. But being tired didn't change deadlines, and if work needed to get done, she was going to do it.