Peter Quill - I'm So Sorry

I'm So Sorry

"Dear Peter,

It's too all too much for me to handle, the wars, the fights and the villains. There's a new person ready to kill us each day and I'm just sick of it.

I am sick of waiting to find out how I die, who's going to kill me and who's going to find me. And sadly as long as I stay with you and the Guardians I'm always going to be in that position.

I love you and the Guardians, Drax, Gamora, Mantis, Nebula, Groot and even Rocket sometimes when he isn't being a pain in the butt.

But Peter believe me when I tell you this is the hardest choice I've ever had to make, I'm leaving and I'm so sorry for it. I can't tell you where I'm going because I know that if you find me I'll come back with open arms to you all.

I know where something crucial is and it could wipe out the whole world if Thanos gets it, but he will find me and he will kill me for it.

I'm happy now Peter, I'm free, I can be happy now.

Yes I'm on my own but I'm with you guys at heart I love you and I love the Guardians. And I'm so so sorry that I'm leaving.

Lots of Love,
Y/n Quill."

Peter read with a tear going down his face, he's lost yet another person in his life, first his dad, then his Mum, then the man who was more like a dad than his real dad and finally his wife.

His wife, his favourite person in the world and the only thing he had to remind him of you was the letter, his ring and the beautiful family you had created together.

The family you left behind.

*

Word Count: 308