Slice of a Story [351 Words]

(Unedited, watch out for bad grammar.)
ABOUT A WITCH AND HER FOX-LIKE FAMILIAR WHO LIVE IN A COTTAGE IN THE WOODS...

The mixture in the black metal cauldron bubbled. Its color changed from cobalt blue to rose red before turning a transparent pink and letting off an aromatic smell that was impossible to identify.

A young girl stood in front of it, two small vials in her hands. Her eyes like polished green jade studied the vials, before opening one and dumping it into the cauldron. The liquid fizzled and spat out smoke. The girl stirred it with a wooden spoon and took a step back. Setting the now empty glass vial on a shelf with several others identical to it, she opened the second vial. She held it up to her nose, then she shook her head and closed it.

Watching all this, was a fox-like creature with a thin muzzle and a long tail, covered in thick tan and brown fur. It had a mane of fur on its chest where a necklace hung with blue and gold beads, and gleaming gold rings on the base of it's tail and one of its front legs. Several white and blue feathers were braided into it's fur.

The animal's intelligent amber eyes followed the girl as she moved about the main room of the small three room house. The walls were covered in wooden shelves, cupboards, and cabinets filled with bottles of various potions. Through an open door a small bed was visible, the only piece of furniture in the tiny bedroom. The door next to it went into the washroom, where there was a metal tub and wooden barrels where water was stored, along with several other things.

The girl poured the brightly colored contents of the small cauldron into a three separate glass jars. After double checking the tightly secured lids, she left them on a messy table and grabbed a leather satchel that was hanging on a hook by the front door. She slipped on a pair of black boots. The animal stood up from its spot on a chair and followed her outside. With the creature trailing behind her, the girl walked down a small stone path.