Chapter 4 New girl in town

Chapter 4

I just stare at him with questioning eyes. His girlfriend? Surely he’s been seen with other girls before, I can’t be the first.

“I can’t be the first girl they’ve seen you with” I say

“You’re not the first, but the very rare girls” he replies. I don’t say anything back and just turn around my head facing towards the window the entire ride.

When he drops me off I bid him bye and say thanks and watch him drive off before I go inside. I walk inside and feel something clash with my head. I manage to catch it before it hits the wood floor. I look at my hands and see its Chrissy’s new Iphone 5s.

“What is this?” she says gesturing to the phone. I raise an eyebrow at her and look at the article that is pulled up on safari.

Stones mystery girl

Today at Meadow Creek Hotel Aiden Stone was spotted with a new girl exiting the building. Rumors are she’s his girlfriend. We hope to see her and find her at the annual 50th Stone Incs Party this weekend.

I skim through the rest of the article and not bothering to read it and see what other crap they have written in there. Now I kind of feel bad for famous people who always get lies about them published in tabloids, magazines, and on the internet.

“How do they already have this on the internet? I was there less than an hour ago” I ask

“News travels fast, and I was just doing research on the guy where I saw this popup” she replies casually like its normal to be researching Aiden. I don’t question her and head up to my room to change into something more comfortable.

I come out of the bathroom and see Chrissy rummaging through my closet.

“What are you doing?” I ask

“Finding that dress you were going to wear to my nineteenth birthday party but you couldn’t come because your dad called you or something “she says back.

I remember that dress, but I can’t remember where I ended up putting it. I had gotten it for Chrissy’s nineteenth birthday but had never gotten to wear it because my dad had demanded that I come to his and new wife’s dinner party. I ended up going because I didn’t want to test his patience. I might have also tried to get on his good side so maybe he could start my mom’s treatment. I was too naïve to notice that he wouldn’t.

“Found it!” she exclaims and comes out of the closet with the floor length dress. Oh god. I don’t even know if I’m invited to the party or not and here she comes planning out my whole outfit.

“I’m not even invited. Don’t keep your hopes up on dolling me out” I say and lay down on my bed.

“You still have tomorrow” she says in an optimistic voice. Today was Thursday and tomorrow Friday, and Saturday night is the party. I eat something real quick and go to sleep as soon as I’m done.

***

As I’m walking into the office building I see the guy from the coffee lounge yesterday, Ethan. I try to avoid him walking to the elevator, but with my luck he quickly catches up to me when he’s done flirting with Lindsay.

“Coral right?” he asks. I just nod in reply not wanting to talk to him mainly because I was too tired and needed a coffee myself.

“Ah, still playing hard to get I see” he says while grinning at me. I let a small smile come out onto my lips before saying

“No, I’m just really tired” he nods in understanding before his phone starts ringing. Before he picks it up he asks “Will I see you at the party tomorrow?”

“Maybe” I reply before getting inside the elevator. I doubt I’ll even get invited. Aiden doesn’t seem to be very fond of me. I remember to get Aiden’s coffee on time today and walk into our office and set his coffee on his desk.

The day continues with the same boring routine with Aiden still ignoring me most of the time, me typing, making copies, running around the whole building like an idiot with the ridiculous work he gives me.

It’s five thirty and there’s really nothing to do. I scroll through Aiden’s emails one more time checking to see anything upcoming that he has to attend and I find nothing so I log off ready to go home and sleep.

I walk out the office and see that he’s still on his computer while wearing those cute glasses. I don’t see him stopping me so I continue to walk to the door just as I reach it his voice stops me.

“Coral, I hope to see you at the annual 50th Stone Incs. party tomorrow at eight.” He says while making eye contact with me with his four eyes. I can’t help but smile at my own little joke and see that he raises his eyebrow at me. I just shake my head.

“By the way I know that you are wondering about my glasses, so just to answer your question, they are reading glasses I don’t really need to wear them, but I like to wear them” he says

I blush slightly because he knew I was thinking about his glasses, and by his smug expression he seems content with my reaction.

***

I slip into the golden gown and examine it. It was floor length and long sleeved in a light golden shade with brown chevron types of design on it and the dress exposes most of my back. All in all, I like it. Chrissy gives me her golden three inch heels to go with it.

She straightened my hair and pulled up into a sleek high ponytail and then curled the ends. Which I saw no point to if she straightened my hair, but like she said ‘it gives it a nicer look’ and she took a small piece of hair and covered the elastic band.

I arrive at the Stone mansion shortly.

I walk in and see that there are already a lot of people there. Most of the girls are wearing dresses that are revealing unlike mine. I like my dress through, it leaves room to imagine.

I stand to the side awkwardly. I try to look for Aiden and catch his eye, but he seems busy in a conversation with other men and Ethan.

I see Lindsay and smile brightly at her and she walks up to me. “Do you know any of these people here?” she asks nervously

“Nope” I reply

“Glad to know that I’m the only one” she says while laughing slightly.

Just then I see a girl with platinum blonde hair that looks really rough from being straightened over and over and clearly she’s wearing extensions. She has a red sleeveless floor length red dress on with a sweetheart neckline, and I can’t see her shoes but I’m betting they are stilettos.

She catches me looking at her and smiles a sinister smile at me and goes up to Aiden planting a kiss on his lips. She turns to look at me with the same expression. I turn back to Lindsay who probably saw the whole show. Luckily she doesn’t say anything about it though.

*****************************************************************************************

A/N: THREE MONTHS! THREE FREAKING MONTHS I MADE YOU GUYS TO WAIT!!! I actually thought it was two months then my friend was like it's three months actually and I literally got up and started typing.

I promise next update won't take so long. I swear on chocolate.

Coral's dress to the side. Did you guys notice the girl is the same girl who plays Coral!

Go checkout my other book Game On, Alpha

I doubt you guys will vote since I made you wait so long but anyways...

Chaptrer Goal

3 votes

1 comment

Until Next Time

~Lovedream999