| Chapter Two |

"You ready?" Ethan asked, holding a plastic bucket in each hand. He was sporting a grin, and his eyes glinted with mischief.

"You bet." I smiled, gripping the handle of the bucket I was carrying with both hands.

The chilly air that the ice inside the bucket produced invaded the summer air. The cool waves made their way to my skin, goosebumps forming.

"Don't overdo it, kids," Erika said, a smile appearing. She took a water pitcher made of glass from the fridge.

"Aye aye, mother dearest," Ethan said, making his way to the backyard. He tiptoed as if we were two spies in a James Bond movie.

I followed him until we reached the door leading to the pool area. "Are you ready?" he whispered.

"Let's do this," I replied, signaling him to lead the way.

He nodded eagerly and made his way to the hammock placed between two palm trees. The pool's water sparkled in the sun, our feet producing crunching sounds as we stepped on the grass.

There, I saw Alec gently drifting off to sleep. His eyelashes were touching his cheek, his freckles spread over his pale face. The sunrays were gently caressing his face, a stray strand of his black hair sat over his eyes. Just watching him sleep made me feel calm.

He'd also changed a lot.

One of the many changes that surprised me were his lip piercings. Two metal studs sat close together on the left side of his bottom lip. I chuckled when I noticed Alec's clothes were similar to Ethan's.

But other than that, I bet he's still the same old, cool Alec. The bad boy, the mature kid Alec.

I returned my attention to Ethan. His eyes met mine and they sharpened immediately as if he meant business. We made our way closer to the hammock.

I gulped for air, suddenly feeling my heart rate accelerating. A trail of sweat made its way down my right temple. I gripped the handle of the bucket, questioning my decision.

Am I ready to face Alec's wrath?

"We must do this Kenny; there's no other way." Ethan lifted his buckets, the ice inside releasing chilly air.

"The tradition shall not be forgotten!" he declared, mimicking Darth Vader's voice.

"And so be it!" I laughed, lifting my bucket just above Alec's sleeping body.

We both simultaneously gasped for air before singing, "ice, ice, baby."

When the chorus ended, we let the ice and water inside the bucket fall to Alec. It descended slowly, the contents sparkling in the sun rays.

Alec instantly jumped from the hammock down to the grassy ground. His blue eyes were wide in shock, his mouth agape in disbelief.

Both Ethan and I were laughing too hard that we had to lay down on the ground. I held out my hand in the air in between my laughter and Ethan high-fived me instantly.

"General, the mission is a success," I said, stopping my laughter to give a salute.

"Great job, private." Ethan saluted back, smiling warmly.

His smiles were like the sun to me; warm and refreshing. It filled me with unexplainable joy and contentment. Summer's not complete without Ethan and Alec.

"You jerks!" Alec suddenly shouted, making his way toward us. His clothes were wet, his light eyes turning deep. His stares were piercing holes in our body and from that moment I knew I have to run for dear life.

Ethan and I exchanged looks. We hurriedly got up from the grass and ran in separate directions. I ran towards the kitchen, laughing in the process.

"Kenny, come here! Let me welcome you properly!" Alec shouted, chasing me like a goose.

"It was Ethan's idea, go chase him!" I slid my way on the kitchen's floor.

I managed to reach the spacious living room when I thought I got away from him. My breaths were getting deeper and faster when, suddenly, a pair of arms grabbed me from behind.

"You're mine now!" Alec lifted me from the floor as if I was a stick.

His wet clothes soaked mine, feeling the cold water on my skin. I struggled to get free, but his tight hold prevented me.

"Alec?" I suddenly heard my brother's voice from behind us.

Alec turned backward, swinging me with him as if I was nothing. "Hey, Kev! Long time, no see bro!"

Kevin smiled as if his motion sickness happened years ago. "Why are you soaking wet?"

Before Alec replied, my brother, cut him off. "It's the tradition, isn't it?"

"What's with the small talk? He's kidnapping me. If you're my brother help me!" I pleaded, wriggling my body in an attempt to get away.

"Oh, sure I'll help." A sigh of relief exited my lips.

I really thought I was free when, in my shock, Kevin held my two feet and carried me as if they would cook me.

"Help! Somebody help me! They're cannibals!" I shouted for help, flailing my limbs as an attempt to run away.

"I'm coming, Kenny!" Ethan suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Kev, you know what to do," Alec said, an evil grin making its way on his lips.

My brother then let go of my feet and captured Ethan. He raised his two hands in the air as a sign of giving up.

They took us to the pool area once again, the clear water inviting us to jump in. My heart was racing inside my ribcage, feeling Alec's breathing on my back.

"Have a taste of your own medicine!" Alec then threw me into the pool.

Water entered my nose and mouth. The taste of chlorine overwhelmed me, coughing when I regained my composure.

As soon as my vision adjusted from being soaked in water, Ethan fell to the pool producing a large cannonball.

Kevin and Alec laughed out loud like hyenas in the night. "Jerks!"

"Yeah!" Ethan seconded what I said.

In our shock, Alec pushed Kevin into the pool too. He clumsily fell into the water while Alec was laughing his lungs out.

"Now, everybody's wet!" Alec said jumping into the pool in a cannonball.

When both of them came to the surface, the four of us laughed. The sun glimmering as if it was laughing with us. The gentle ruffling of the palm trees filled the air with the warm sounds of our laughter.

Alec swam his way towards me and said, "welcome home, Kenny!"

"I'm home!" I smiled.

Summer was that time of the year when I felt like I was in the right place at the right time with the right people. Everything was right and easy. 

Oya! Sorry for the delay and thank you for the wait, beautiful souls!

I was suffering from a writer's block for weeks. It was torture.

And finally, Alec's present. 

Will you like him or hate him? What do you think of his character now?

Question: What is the greatest prank that happened to your or you inflicted to others that you can remember?

Love, Jun.