Chapter 6: Understandings

It had been weeks since that last Akuma attack and weeks since the last time ladybug had seen her silly kitty.

Did she really hurt him that much? Marinette thought to herself, as she lay awake in bed.

"Maybe.... we should reveal our identities.", considered the bluenette.

"Maybe. But you must wait until the time is right. Or if absolutely necessary.", explained tikki.

Marinette sighed as she finally drifted off to sleep.

The next day at school she had started to feel bad for Adrien. He had been a bit sad since they stopped talking and she had already broken Chat's heart.

So she decided to become friends with Adrien once more and forget that he too, had broken her very own heart.

After class she followed Adrien out the door. He had sat down on a bench talking to nino. Marinette walked up to the two friends.

"Adrien, we need to talk."

He looked up at his flower. He would have smiled if it weren't for the bluenettes nervous expression.

"O-ok.", and the teen model got up to follow marinette.

They went out and sat behind bleachers of the football field.

Just as the clumsy girl was about to say something she was interrupted by a pair of gorgeous emerald eyes right in front of her face.

And before she knew it, he had pulled her into a passionate kiss.

She quickly closed her eyes as he pulled her closer to his chest until they were up against each other.

Her arms around his neck and his arms around her waist

WHAT am I doing?!, She thought to herself. She pulled away from him and they stood in silence.

"I-I'm sorry I don't know what came over me." Adrien tried to explain. He put his head down in embarrassment.

The bluenette smiled and put her hands on Adrien's shoulders.

"I-it's ok. And if I'm gonna be honest. You broke my heart. But I've found someone else to repair it, as you may already know. And I'm willing to forgive you and put the past behind us and we can be friends."

He didn't say anything. All he could push out was....

"W-why dont you stutter anymore."

Marinette hadn't realized that she didn't stutter around Adrien anymore.

"I used to be obsessed with you Adrien. I would stare at you in class, stutter whenever you talked to me and I even memorized your schedule."

"Used to?"

"Well yea. I still care about you Adrien, but you broke my heart and there's nothing you can do to change that. But I still wanna be friends with you Adrien."