Chapter 52- I'm Late

Start from the beginning

I called up Kayla. 

"Where are you? What happened to you'll come by first thing tomorrow morning?!" She yelled.

"Kayla, I'm late." I blurted. 

"No kidding you're late. You were supposed to be here hours ag-" 

"No Kayla, I'm late as in late." I said to her. She gasped. 

"You're pregnant?!" She squealed. 

"Yes, no? I don't know. Kayla I'm freaking out!" I exclaimed. 

"Breathe sweetie breathe. Have you taken a test yet?" She asked me. I rushed to my drawer where my stash of tests usually was. I sighed in relief.

"There's one left. I'm gonna go take it. Call you back." I said as I hung up. I rushed to the bathroom and sat on the toilet, peeing on the stick. I put the test on the counter facing down, so I didn't see it. My legs shook as I waited the long three minutes. I started to cry uncontrollably. What if I wasn't pregnant? The thought of turning the test around and it being negative destroyed me. 

As one minute passed, I had to wait another two. I rubbed my stomach, the thought of a little boy or girl growing inside me made me start to cry. I got up out of the bathroom, and bumped right into something. I wiped my eyes, and saw Luis. "What's wrong?" He asked me. My heart stopped. Thankfully, the door was blocking him from seeing the test. 

"Nothing, when did you even get here?" I asked.

"Like a minute ago. Didn't you hear me call your name?" He asked me. I must've been so wrapped up in my own world, I didn't hear. "Are you feeling better or worse?" He asked me. 

"Better. My eyes were watering in the bathroom." I lied.

"Here, I got you some ginger ale. Drink it and you'll feel better. And I got you your cookies, pickles, and sardines." He said laughing. 

"Thank you Luis. Can you wait for me downstairs? I want us to eat together. I'm just gonna wash up." I said, pointing to the bathroom.

"Okay, although there's not much for me to eat that you made me buy." He said in disgust, before heading downstairs. 

It was way passed three minutes. I shut the door and locked it. All I had to do was turn it over. I bit my lip, and slowly turned it over.

Pregnant

I began to sob, my tears dripping down my cheeks and onto the bathroom counter. I read it again. I was pregnant. I clenched my stomach, as I fell onto my knees, still crying. I couldn't believe it, I was pregnant. We were pregnant. Without even thinking, I rushed downstairs with the test in my hand. "Luis?!" I screamed. "Luis!" I ran all over the living room and our kitchen. "Where the hell was he?" I asked myself. Shaking,  I fumbled with my phone to dial his number. 

"Hey babe. I'm really sorry, I had to run out. My manager called, saying that they had to have me sign something right away." He explained. 

 "It's okay." I lied. I rolled my eyes. It took all my strength to not blurt out I was pregnant over the phone. I wanted it to be special.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm perfect. Go to your meeting. And drive safely! Love you!" I said to him, before hanging up. I put my phone down and looked at my test. It still said positive. I smiled. Luis was going to be so excited. My phone began to ring. It was Kayla. As much as I wanted to tell her, it wouldn't be fair for her to know before Luis. I pressed decline. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was beyond excited.