2

I ran into my room crying. My bestfriend, aka the guy I like, got a girlfriend. Her names Jess and she's just using him for fame. I sprawled onto my bed and cried into my pillow.

How could Calum do this to me?

My door opened and in walked in my dad, Louis. I call him dad and Harry Pops.

"Love, what's wrong?" He asked as he rubbed my back. I stayed quiet. Laying there, I sobbed. Sniffing, I sat up. "The guy I like, got a girlfriend." I cried. He looked at me with a soft expression and cradled me in his arms. The door opened and in walked in Harry. "Hey, what's wrong?" Harry asked as he rubbed my back as I cried. Louis told him for me.

"Don't worry, he'll find out soon enough that you're the one for him and not that girl." Harry promised. I nodded and wiped my tears. "Would you like some tea?" Louis asked. "No thank you." I sniffed. He nodded and got up. "Come down if you need anything." Harry smiled, then left with Louis. I quickly got up and changed into some shorts and a tank top. Pulling my blue hair into a bun, I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. All that crying made me feel sick. After I brushed my teeth, I went down for some water. Climbing onto the counter, I grabbed a cup.

While I was filling it with water, the door opened and voices filled the house. "Is Angel in her room?" Luke asked. "In here!" I called, trying to act normal. He walked in and jumped onto the counter. Feeling cold water slide down my hand, I turned off the water. I took a sip of water as I listen to Luke rant.

"Jessica is such a bitch! I know I respect ladies but she's treating us like shit when Calum's not around. I'm sick and tired of it!" Luke ranted, throwing in hand movements. I simply nodded and clutched onto the counter as a wave of tears clouded my vision. "Hey hey, what's wrong? Is it something I said?" Luke asked as he got down and stood in front of me, placing his hand on my shoulder. "No, you did nothing wrong." I cried. He engulfed me in a hug. "You can tell me." He said as he rubbed my back. "I... I like Calum." I cried. He didn't say anything. He just simply hugged me. "The Guy you were talking about was Calum?" Louis asked. I looked up and him and Harry were in the doorway. I nodded, sad. "Jessica's a bitch." Harry says. I laugh and hug Luke back.

"Am I interrupting something?" Calum asks from the doorway. I roll my eyes and look at him. "Yes. Now go." Luke said. "I came for my best friend. So lemme see her please." Calum asked. Luke looked at me and I nodded. He let go of me and backed away to let me down. "Wanna take a target run with me? I know you like to go there to look at new things." He said, smiling. "Yeah sure. Let me grab some shoes." I said as I headed towards the stairs. Calum followed me as Luke talked to my parents in the kitchen.

I put on my sandals that actually go with the athletic shorts I have on. They're swim shorts but I use them as regular shorts along with swim shorts. "Angel, can Jessica go with us?" Calum asked. "I thought that was our thing?" I asked, on the verge of tears. "It is, but maybe Jessica can go this one time?" He pleaded. "Why don't you and her go, without me! It's obviously the Jessica show. Everything goes her way!" I shout. I'm so tired of her. "Oh, so it's the Angel show?" He asked. "It was our thing! Not her's!" I cried. Tears flooded my vision. "Hey hey, I'm sorry." He said as he hugged me. I relaxed. "I know it's our thing I shouldn't have told her we were going. Now she thinks she's going. I'm sorry I'll text her that she shouldn't go." Calum says. He lets go of me as I sit down on my bed. "It's okay," I mumble. I grab my phone and walk down the stairs with Calum texting Jessica behind me.

"We'll be back!" I shout. "Okay! Have fun!" Harry shouts back from the kitchen. We walk out and see Luke was talking to someone on the phone. I go up and hug him real quick. "I'll be back." I whisper and run back off to Calum. Calum smiles at me as he opens the door and gets in. I weakly smiled as I get in. "So, what's up with you and Luke?" Calum asked. "He was comforting me, that's all." I told him. "Yeah sure." He laughed. "No seriously, I was hurt and you weren't there." I muttered. "I'm sorry. Jessica kept talking." Calum tells me. I rolled my eyes. "What was he comforting you about?" He asked. "Oh uh, guy troubles." I told him, which wasn't exactly a lie.

"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He tells me. I shrug and get out my phone and text Luke. Hopefully he's off the phone.

Me: Luke, can you sleepover

he responds almost immediately.

Lucas😂❤️: Yeah sure. We can bop to the new album

Me: 'bop'

Lucas😂❤️: I said what I said hOE

me: sometimes I wonder why we're friends😂

i set my phone down and he blows up my phone. "Who's that?" Calum asked as he heard it go off again. "Luke." I answer. We pull up to Target as I finish. I quickly jump out and head towards the store with my wallet in hand. (LIVING OUR LIVES, DANCING ON EMPTY WALLETS. a bop y'all)

Calum follows closely behind as I look at miscellaneous things. I grab some things for my hair and go into the cds. Choosing Shawn's new album and 5 Seconds Of Summer's new album, I sing to myself. I could just have Luke sing it to me but when he's not there I could still jam to it.

I followed Calum around after. We went to the bedroom area, to the bathroom area, and other places. We finally checked out after an hour. We made small talk as we walked back to the car.

"How about, I take you out for ice cream tonight? To make up for me being a jerk?" Calum suggested. "Yeah sure. But Luke's spending the night so we gotta make it quick!" I laugh. He nods as we get in the car.

———

"Ah yes. Can I get a medium Brownie Sundae please? And a medium Mint Chip please?" Calum ordered. I smiled as I heard my order, my favorite treat to lift my mood. "And can I also get a medium Vanilla please?" He ordered. I lifted my head.

"Thank you!" He says, then pulls up to the drive thru window. We wait for the car in front of us. "The Vanilla's for Luke." He says, answering my next question. "Thank you for buying." I weakly smiled. "No problem." He smiled. His phone went off. He looks at it and scoffs. "What's up?" I ask him. "Jessica's mad at me for hanging out with you today, so she's blowing up my phone." Calum tells me as we pull up. He pays and the person hands us the ice cream. We get Luke's in a cup so it doesn't spill all over the car. Calum and I get it in cones.

He pulls over in an empty lot and parks. He plays the music low as we talk. "Calum, you have a little piece of chocolate on you lip." I laugh. "I'm messy sorry." He laughs as he wipes it with his tongue. I laugh as a drop lands on his shirt. "My shirt! Eh saving it for later." He laughs. I bite into my cone as I finish my first scoop.

•••

"Alright. Let's get you home." Calum says a we finish our treats. I nod and turn up the radio.

"Just stop your crying it's the sign of the times!" I sing with Harry. "I miss that lad." Calum jokes. I smile as he joins in singing

•••

"Luke!" I shout when I get inside my house. Calum dropped my off, saying he'll deal with Jessica. "Yes?" He asked as he walks down the stairs. "I got you ice cream!" I tell him as I give it to him. "Thank you." He smiles. I smile as I pull out my new cd. "We jamming tonight." I tell him as I follow him to the kitchen. He gets a spoon and sits down on the counter with me. Harry walks in as I open the case. "Luke's spending the night right?" He asks. I nod. "Well, Louis and I are going out with the lads. We're probably going to stay at Niall's. You guys have the house to yourselves." Harry tells us. "Okay. Have fun! Love you!" I shout after them. "Have a good night!" Louis calls. "Love you too!" They both add. I smile at them as they leave. "We gonna blare this!" I shout in excitement.

•••

"Why can't we, choose our emotion? 'Cause we can feel, somethings broken. My heart!" Luke sings as he dances around 'stage'.

I made him a stage, which was a cleared out area of our basement.

I hear shuffling upstairs. Signaling Luke with my finger, he stops singing and turns off the music. "Angel?" I hear a voice upstairs. It's kinda distant though. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. The door to the basement opens and I see a silhouette. "Angel?" He asks again.

"Calum?"

"I need you." He pleads.