Chapter 8 - Let's Get Crazy (part 1)

Sunday, 13th July, 1986

Kensington Roof Gardens, London

-Dear...Lord! - I sighed again as I stepped out of the lift. The first time I did was when I actually got in that same lift which led to Roof Gardens, because the lady hosting the guests up in the lift was...completely naked. First I thought she's wearing a nice, green uniform, until I noticed it was only paint...her whole body was painted. I became so embarrassed I didn't dare to look at her from then on, only smiled quietly when I stepped out. But when I did, I had to stop and actually hold on to the nearest buffet-table: I was shocked, surprised, and scared at the same time. I knew that 500 invitations have been sent out and there will be a lot of people at the party. A lot and all of them unknown for me and that scared the shit out of me. I haven't seen any familiar faces as I was standing there. Luckily there were champagne bottles and flutes everywhere around, so I just grabbed one of the full glasses and had my champagne at once. This will do, until I find a quiet corner where I can sit and be completely invisible.

I love having a party with the boys. I'm not lying, I really do. They're fun, they're cute (and yes, sometimes really drunk), after all these times it's really only us, having a good time. But this was something I've never experienced before and made me scared and pretty much uncomfortable. But I already promised to the boys to show up, though I was quite sure they won't even notice it, looking at that sea of people everywhere. For a long moment I just wanted to turn around and escape, going back to my quiet and lonely hotel room, to have a big sleep. But instead I refilled my glass and had my champagne at once again, to take courage and actually to be able to move. When I did, I refilled my glass and looked around with an uncertain, surely scared look. I made my way through the crowd with my champagne in my hand, searching for someone I actually know. I've seen a lot of celebrities around, as well as in the afternoon in the backstage area, still before the gig. I've seen Roger's old friend, Tom coming towards me, and I got really scared for a moment, but he just smiled, nodded, said hi to me and disappeared in the crowd. Looked like Jim's words and warning before the gig worked...Everyone was talking to everybody, the noise was huge and I just couldn't wait to find at least one familiar face. I was so desperately searching, that I hit someone from the back and almost lost my balance.

-Sorry, sorry! - I told looking up and that was the moment when I realised those unmistakable curls of that tall guy - God, Bri, I hope I didn't pour any champagne on you.

-Hi, sweetie. - he laughed as I was checking the shirt on his back, but it was more or less dry. More or less, because like all of us, Brian was also fighting with the heat inside.

-So you came - he smiled and kissed my face - I'm so glad to see you here.

-Thanks Bri - I felt my face becoming red - though you have no idea how scared I am.

-Actually I do - he laughed again, caressing my face - it's written on your face.

-Brian Harold May, are you drunk? - I sent him a surprised look.

-Noooo... - he shook his head, so all those curls started to dance in an uncontrolled way - Okay, only a little bit. But don't tell it to anybody - he giggled and winked at me.

-Hell I will! - I laughed now - Actually I planned to write onto that nice white wall with huge, red letters: Ladies and Gentlemen, Brian May is drunk, for the first time of the tour!

-Only a little bit! - he complained smiling, then put his arm around my shoulder - Hey, put a little bit of smile onto that pretty face!

-I'll try to, I promise. - I sighed - I think I just need to have more drinks.

-Anyway I have to tell you, you look great - he pointed to my emerald dress, smiling - Roger will fall off his feet when he sees you. Just like he did on that fancy party...where was it?