Trojan Horse

By the time Ash arrived at the evening event, it was 15 to 9. In his defense, he came back early enough, just not in the right mindset to get into tonight's costume without some level of protest.

Angels, thus were the theme! Hundreds of omegas, boys in tux and girls in flowing dresses, all in white with little plastic hallows and glitter dosed wings. Ash felt completely ridiculous in his get up, and the fact that he looked more like a fallen angel than one of God's' faithful servants only made him stick out.

Dark skin, black hair that was left loose, free to sway down his back and over his shoulders, and eyes that looked somber in the bright artificial lights. His height made it no easier to blend in.

He sighed, snatching a flute from a passing waiter.

The tent was nicely decorated, the light blue and white mixture seemed to bring out the glimmer of the crystal glasses, stainless tableware, and ice sculptures. He took a sip of the flute, cider, he figured as much!

Omegas weren't allowed to drink and the waiter had put up no protests when he took the glass, still, Ash was hoping for something with a little more buzz. 

Slowly his eyes scanned the room, rolling when he spotted Val surrounded by a group of men in black ties.

"Attention whore" He whispered over the rhyme of his glass, though he secretly admitted that Val was really good at what he did. The blush on his face, the light touches to the forearm and the way he seemed to glance at all four men, dividing his attention equally amongst them while still drawing the attention of those around him with his light laughter. The dude was an artist in the line of flirting.

Ash continues to scan, passing over a few bodies until he landed on a pair of warm caramel eyes. Tory took to the role of an angel well, his silver hair and slightly tan skin radiated under the lights. It was no wonder why bystanders stare but seemed to keep their distance, they were just something intimidating about him, something that made it seem like he truly was an angel, an innocence that kept sinners away. As for Tory himself, he was looking straight at Ash, in a way that suggested that he'd been for a while now.

Ash felt an odd pull on the side of his lips, maybe it was the secret he kept itching to come out. He raised the flute towards his friend, Tory smiled at him and started to walk over. But the moment he moved, Ash caught another pair of eyes that had been staring at him,  sinister eyes that unfortunately, were familiar.

A shiver ran up his spine and for a moment it was like he was frozen in place, paralyzed by both shock and fear. Tory seemed to notice his change in mood and frowned, looking behind himself to where Ash appeared to be staring and when he turned back towards the tall omega, only to find he was gone.

.....

Ash rounded the pillar and leaned against it, he couldn't remember what he did with his flute only that he didn't have it with him anymore. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths until his heart no longer felt ready to jump out of his chest.

He raises a hand to eye level and watched it trembled. He then covered his face and took a moment to ease his fear. For all the people he had to see, he had to catch a glance of him, and on the first night of all times. He let his hands drag over his visage. If he didn't need booze before, he definitely needed it now. Maybe he'll pull a Val and flirt his way to what he wanted. He hadn't put much of his lesson into practice but he was confident in his manipulation skills. Decision made, Ash straighten his back and fixed his tux.

He targeted the youngest waiter, 'accidentally' bumped into him when he was returning to refill his tray with only a single glass of some clear liquid remaining standing in the middle. It fell and splashed the front of Ash jacket. Acting the part of unlucky clouts was simple enough, and the stuttering waiter couldn't have escorted him into the back faster if he tried.