EPILOGUE BEAM

"And I thought tonight, after dinner, we could walk down to the beach and teach him

how to swim," Forth called out from the bedroom.

"I remember I was really very young when my dad first dropped me into the water and let me puddle up to the surface on my own. It's a really good skill to have and he's now almost one. And that's in human years, so in wolf time, he's what? Three?"

"Forth," I whispered as loudly as I could.

"Forth, come here! You've got to see this."

He hurried out into the living room, where Wayo and I were sprawled on the thick,

furry carpet, arranging a puzzle Forth had carved out of wood for him.

"What's wrong? What happened?" he asked, concerned.

"Shh, keep quiet," I said and pointed towards our toddler. "Look!"

As we were playing, he'd suddenly stopped and rolled onto his stomach, slowly

rising on his hands and knees. He was now wiggling his tiny butt in a funny way and a small, fluffy tail was protruding behind him. His chubby face was starting to get leaner and soon his mouth and nose elongated into a cute wolf pup's muzzle. He tapped his little hand on the floor a few times and eventually it turned into a soft miniature paw that made no sound at all as it met with the carpet's surface.

"Is he...?" Forth said, mesmerized.

"I think so. He's shifting for the first time."

"He's so beautiful, Beam."

Forth joined me on the floor, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and we both

watched as our baby boy completed his transformation and stood before us as a little ball of white and gray fur, pointy ears gracing his silky head. I could hardly keep myself from squeezing him in an embrace, but I knew I had to give him the chance to explore this new form. At first, he was just pacing in place, obviously enjoying the feel of his four paws over the carpet and then, without a warning, he started scurrying around, fast like lightning, jumping on top of furniture and springing back to the floor, wiggling his tail enthusiastically. An unexpected knock came on the door, but he paid no attention and instead kept running around merrily, sometimes bumping into a chair or the leg of a table and rolling off on the ground, curling into a ball. Neither of us wanted to break the spell and go to answer the door, but in the end Forth was the one to get up.

"Come on in," I heard him say to someone. "You won't believe it. Wayo's just

shifted for the first time. You've never seen anything cuter."

"Seriously, Forth, you're such a douche sometimes," the other person said and I

immediately knew it was Phana.

He rarely uttered a sentence without sneaking in a swear word or two, so he was now actually being nice. "Hi, Beam," he greeted me.

"I hear your little one's making you proud today."

"He sure is. Just when I think I can't possibly love him any more, he comes out and

does something that makes me... well, love him even more."

"Ugh," Ming snorted, "you guys are making me sick. Stop being such fucking softies."

"Come, sit with us," Forth invited him, ignoring his words. "See what he's doing

there?"

"Yeah, yeah..." Ming said, but I could see from the look in his eyes he was just as

captivated by the pup Wayo had turned into as we were. He couldn't look away.

"I don't know how you guys do it. All this love and fated mates and babies and

giggles and shit."

"Hey," I scolded him, "don't be so cynical. Who said all that's not in store for you one

day? Let's just wait and see who'll be making fun of who in the end."

"Nah, that's not me. Give me an enemy to attack and I'm all in, but give me a fated

mate, I wouldn't know the first thing to do with him."

"That's what I thought, too, at first," Forth jumped in.

"And look at me now, being a complete softie. Don't write off anything you haven't experienced yet. Sometimes love comes along when you least expect it, not when you search for it, not when you need it, not when you think you're ready. It just finds you and you drop everything and go after it, because that's what it means to find your fated mate. Nothing else matters any more."

At that moment I felt so much love for my husband, I wished I could invent new

words to tell him what he was to me that would capture everything I was feeling.

"And you know what, Ming?" Forth continued. "I can honestly tell you that I've never,

in my entire life, been happier than I am right at this moment, in this room, on this carpet, with the man I love and our little baby wolf."

"Really?" Ming asked, furrowing his brows.

"Really?" I asked, certain that I felt the same way.

"Really."

ARIE78:So guys finally end for this series. Just miss my baby Wayo.

Anyway don't forget to support me for my new series and others ff.

Tks a lot for making this happened. Pls support my others ff as well guys. I will up a new ff soon. Pls bear with na. 😉