It All Ends

Cedar Thompson's POV

I sit in a circle with Ash, and her allies Rosie and Flint. We share out the bread I collected and the apples Flint found in his backpack.

Night soon falls and we all look to the sky to see the faces of the fallen.

First up is Lilac, I think Flint killed her earlier today. No tributes from District Two. Not really surprising. A girl and a boy from District Three, Monica from Flint's District, the last boy from Five, none from Six, a girl from our District- is it bad how I don't remember her name? Following her are a girl and boy from District 8, a boy from 10, a boy from 11, the one who attacked Flint, and a girl from 12.

The pictures in the sky dissolve into thin air. Speaking of thin air, a sound rang out across the arena before. It didn't come from anywhere. I thought it was time for another Capitol announcement, but nothing.

BOOM!

Sixteen of us left.

We all look to the sky as the sound rings again, nearly deafening us.

BOOM!

Fifteen.

'What's happening?' Flint asks. We all shrug at our lack of knowledge on the S

subject.

The faces of Kyra Parsons and a District 10 Girl show in the sky.

I've noticed something. The wind, coming from behind us has been increasing a lot in the last few minutes. I stand up and turn around just in time to see a Tornado form.

Sparkle Johnson's POV

We sprint. Without looking back, we sprint. We're about a mile away from the Cornucopia, but that's not stopping us. We need to get to the water to avoid getting sucked up by that freak.

Trees behind us get ripped from their roots and sucked up into the air.

BOOM!

BOOM!

Is that thirteen of us left?

I'm going to win. I smile. I could easily take out the competition. That is if I can get this tornado off my back. Shadow leads the way, I follow a few steps behind, and Midnight could be anywhere.

Rocks and vines ahead of us begin to lift into the sky, and this means I'll have to be extra careful of where I stand.

I look right. Nothing. However, on my left I see the alliance from District 4 and 7 run in the same direction as us. Rosie and the boy from 7 look like they're having trouble. I smile.

A stray tree trunk throws itself down in front of Shadow and I, so I step on the trunk and push myself off for extra momentum.

I drop a knife and curse. I can't exactly go back for it.

The clearing to the Cornucopia comes into view. Okay, just a few more metres. But a few more metres until what? Who knows what the Capitol have in store for us.

BOOM!

Flint Green's POV

I race down the seemingly endless slope down to the Cornucopia. It's in sight now. The amount of breath I'm sucking in every second is remarkable.

Ash stays a few paces ahead of me, with Cedar and Rosie a few behind me. I dive onto the field where the trees end, and lie on my back gasping for air.

I get up as about ten, maybe eleven other tributes sprint onto the field. Is this it.

The tornadoes stop.

I look up, and Shadow wastes no time in throwing a knife at my head. I sidestep the attack, and launch one of my three tridents towards Shadow.

He dodges out of the way at the last second and my trident sails into Achilles' chest. He falls to the floor.

BOOM!

Shadow laughs. Mya screams with rage and sprints towards me, sword raised. Before she can reach me, Ash pushes me away and swings her axe into Mya's stomach.

BOOM!

So this it. The final ten tributes. Sparkle, Shadow, Ryker, Serena, Rosie, Cairo, Christie, Ash, Cedar, and me.

I grab Rosie's hand and start to sprint into the jungle.

Then we hear the noise. Again. We all look towards the sky and then- silence. The birds stop singing, the trees stop rustling, the waves in the water falling flat.

I feel a rumbling. In the ground. I look at the ground and cracks start to appear, starting at the Cornucopia and extending outwards.

Then the arena explodes.

Rosie's hand rips from my own, and I'm flung, who knows how far, across the arena. Trees collide in the air, having been ripped from the ground. My tridents slip from my grasp. Great. I'm weaponless.

The whole arena blurs in front of my eyes, and shrapnel, splinters and various other things bore under my skin.  I must be moving at incredible speed, as I can feel the force of the wind against my face.

Then, with a huge amount of force, the ground comes up and smacks into me. Breath leaves my body as I make contact with the jungle floor, and it takes about five seconds for my body to stop moving.

I lie on my back on the jungle floor. I can see the sky as some of the trees have been torn apart. Trees around me set on fire as the arena seems to implode on itself. Explosions occur everywhere, I can tell by both sound and sight.

What's happening? Is this the Capitol's way to bring a finale to the Games or has something gone wrong?

It takes five minutes to get to my feet. Each step sends a new wave of pain up my right leg. I think I've broken my leg. My nose bleeds as a result of the explosion, my whole body is covered in dirt, and both of my arms and legs are covered in cuts. My lip is split, it feels like I've punctured my lung, and my hair is more brown than blonde and is too matted and tangled to even attempt to fix.

I look up, and see a hovercraft scanning the area ahead of me and see it pick up a few tributes. I don't recognise the tributes from my position. I drag myself in the direction I think faces the Cornucopia. I see Ash and attempt to shout her name, but all that comes out is a strangled gargling sound.

Above all the commotion, I manage to feel the ground beneath me rumble.

Then the ground collapses, and I'm falling.