Chapter 10 - Drinking to Country Music

Começar do início

The music filled my ears and vibrated off the walls inside of the building.

"Izzy!" I shouted letting her know of my arrival. Her practice music stopped as I strolled into the room with the stage.

She put down her violin and rushed down the steps and engulfed me in a hug. "Willow!" She smiled releasing me.

"Hey, how's the gig going?" I asked looking around the place.

"Great, they've booked me for another 3 months!"

With the joyful news, I smiled. "I'm so happy for you," I complemented touching her arm. "Do you want to get drinks to celebrate?"

"Oh! another plus side to this place... Drinks!" She said walking over to a table and picking up 2 glasses.

"Wow. They're free?"

"100%" She responded. We laughed and took a sip.

"I have a show in about half hour if you want to stick around." She invited.

"Ya, of course, I'd love to."

"I have got to say, ever since I got these powers my music has gone from here-" She put her hands near her waist, "-To here," she lifted them to her head. "I've felt closer to my music than ever before!"

"That's amazing Izzy!" I cheered, "I'm still learning to control mine."

"Me too, I never know when the surge could come." She admitted.

I lifted my drink signalling cheers, "To being stuck with unimaginable abilities!"

"Here, here!" We clinked glasses and laughed a little.

"I wish my powers helped me with my studies." I sighed.

"Willow, if I had your powers I would go around giving girls beards." She laughed and I giggled and hit her shoulder.

"Iz! that's so mean!"

"I know, but wouldn't that be hilarious!"

I smiled and agreed "It would, but I'm not that evil."

"Come on Willow! If I could make anything I imagined became real I would make some messed up shit."

"It's not real, it's like an illusion." I corrected.

"Still... there would be boys in bikinis everywhere," I laughed at her comment and almost spilt my drink.

"How is that useful for class?" I joked.

"Oh! I got one. Change what the teacher is writing on the board!"

"That's not helpful! All I can do is make mischief!"

People started filling the room and I whispered to Izzy, "We'll continue this later." She nodded and went backstage preparing for her performance.

She came on and cheers erupted from the crowd, I was squished to the back of the room, this was one of her largest turnouts so far.

Through the cheers of the crowd, she sang Something In The Water and her music just felt so, so alive.

When she finished everyone clapped and praised her, some even tossing her some money. She was right, there was something about her music that changed after her powers. I wonder is someday mine will bless me with some fortune. Izzy came down to me pushing through the crowd of cheering fans.

"Wow! I see what you mean!" I yelled over the noise.

"I know! It's.." She paused looking around, "Extraordinary."

We sat and celebrated her big night for a couple hours, drinking and laughing. When I got home there was a letter beside my door. I picked it up and brought it inside, I knew I had a little too much to drink tonight and I felt a headache coming on.

I sighed, "I'll read this later." I threw the paper on the table. I changed into my PJ's and slipped into my bed, and I was out like a light.

 I changed into my PJ's and slipped into my bed, and I was out like a light