Chapter 11

Jack Frost awoke to see Pitch's face. Jack sat up and rubbed his head.

"Are you alright?" Pitch asked.

Jack nodded.

"You were injured from your fall," Pitch said, scooping up some nightmare sand from a bowl. "I need to heal you." he threw the sand at Jack, and it surrounded him.

The sand seeped into his skin, healing his wounds, but turning him more evil nevertheless. Jack gasped in pain, but calmed down once the sand stopped. His eyes were even richer of a purple, which didn't seem possible before.

"Jack," Pitch said. "Tomorrow we shall attack the guardians at the pole. I shall distract them while you create a snow storm so big, everyone around the world shall fear it!"

Jack nodded. "Yes master. May I ask one thing?"

"Indeed,"

"When this is all over, can me and my sister go home? And be together? Forever?"

"I'll need more of your teeth to bring back your old home,"

Jack dug into his pockets, but nothing was there! Horror came to his face, and he fell to his knees.

"They're gone?!" Pitch shouted. "Oh well. We'll just have to get them back!"

****

Pitch and Jack Frost appeared on top of the Guardian's globe.

"Pitch," the guardians looked furious. "No more hiding," Tooth yelled.

"Let's finish this!" Bunny said.

Pitch looked at Jack, and Jack nodded. Jack vanished.

"Jack!" North shouted.

"This is between you and me. Not him." Pitch said. He raised his hands and shadow mares appeared. They rained down on the guardians. The guardians practically slaughtered the horses.

Jamie-who was hiding in the corner-scared, ran outside in hopes of escaping. He slammed the doors behind him, trying not to let the nightmares escape to.

He gasped: He saw Jack Frost with his stick in the air, summoning a powerful storm.

"Jack!"

Jack turned around, and aimed his staff. His eyes widened when he saw it was a child he was looking at.

"Jack, it's me!" Jamie said. "Jamie!" he smiled.

Jack said nothing. He raised his staff again, and continued making the storm.

"Jack! Please stop!" Jamie said. "This storm is really big! It could hurt people!"

"That's the point," Jack spit out.

Jamie gasped, and ran back inside.

****

Meanwhile, inside, the nightmares were gone, and Pitch was fighting the guardians with his bare hands.

"You can't defeat me!" Pitch smiled. "Fear is an motion! It's eternal!"

"That may be so," Tooth kicked him, and he fell to the ground. "But we will always be here to fight it!"

"JACK!" Pitch shouted.

In seconds, Jack burst threw the doors, ran to Tooth, and was holding her off the ground by her neck.

"J-Jack!" Tooth choked out.

Jack glared at her with hatred. "Where are my teeth?!"

"Right here!" Bunny held up a tooth, and smashed it on the ground.

Jack gasped. "NO!"

"Let Tooth go, or I smash the last one!" Bunny held u the last tooth.

Jack dropped Tooth, and she flew away to North and hid behind him.

Jack flew over to Bunny and tackled him. He pried the tooth from Bunny's hand, and put it in his pocket. He was about to get up, when he heard Pitch whisper in his ear: "Destroy him Jack. He never liked you anyway..."

Jack backed away, and allowed Bunny to stand. Then, when Bunny was about to strike, he pointed his staff, and froze his feet to the ground. Bunny screamed. The ice made its way up his body, and soon, Bunny would be nothing but a statue!

"Jack stop!" Tooth cried, and tried to pull Jack away. "Bunnymund's your friend!"

North joined in. "We all are!"

Sandman tried to throw some dream sand at Jack, but Jack dodged it.

"Jack, mate!" Bunny cried. "Please come back to us!"

"He can't hear you!" pitch said. "He only listens to me and he listens to his sister!"

Jamie stood in front of Jack, and blocked the ice by having it hit himself! "Jack your my best friend! You love having fun!"

Jack looked up for a second. Fun, he thought. Was any of what he had been doing recently fun?

"Looks like we've got his attention! Keep going!" North said.

"Fun!" Jamie said. "Sledding down a snowy hill! Building Snowmen! Snowball fighting! But most of all its having fun with the people you love! And I love you Jack! We can have fun again if you just stop this!"

Jack had tears in his eyes. He wanted that. He wanted it more than anything. He dropped his staff and fell to his knees. "Help me..."he whispered just loud enough at the guardians could hear him. "Please....fix me!" he looked up tears in his bright blue eyes.

"NO!" Pitch shouted. He blasted shadows at Jack.

Jack screamed in pain. "DON'T LET HIM TAKE ME! PLEASE!" Jack collapsed onto the ground.

Sandy stepped forward and blasted golden sand at Jack. It countered the nightmare sand, but now the battle was evenly matched. No one was backing down. Jamie burst through the sand and hugged Jack tightingly, cradling him. "It's gonna be OK," he whispered.