Him.

A tropical pool, spa, and waterfall private retreat on Santa Catalina Island. This is the place Frank chose to live when he decided to go to California State Long Beach University -on the mainland.- Living here meant using the boat our parents bought him so he could travel back-and-forth between his island home and Uni.

I love the house -please don't mistake that,- but I feel like it's a little too much for one guy, here on his own -well I guess he isn't really on his own now that Aria and I live with him.- Fortunately he was only here for one year before I joined him. I'm just happy that he has the guest house up for rent because that is just too much space for three people. I have to admit the house is amazing, I've been here three years and I still can't get used to it. -and I lived in high class homes my whole life.- My brother is doing well for himself, he bought this place from my grandmére -grandmother- with his own money, -discounted of course-. The house is huge, Aria has her own room, same with Frank and I, and there still are a ton of rooms to spare!

When I said my brother was doing well, I meant it! Because even though he is in school, he works at my father's company -well one of them anyway.- He's a personal trainer and a damn good one too! He is the main reason why I lost all of my baby fat after having Aria. It was constant work getting back to my body, -hell I worked even harder after I got my body back- I had to make sure it was sexier than ever! That was more Tia's idea to make me work for a better body because to me? I was fine but now I'm grateful for her bossy nature, I look great and I'm setting example for my daughter: No matter how much how hell and high water someone has put you through, when you come bouncing back better than you were before, it's the best way to get revenge. With that I'm completely grateful for all of the support I've gained on the island.

Being here is amazing, I was so used to dealing with girls who believe they are the shit because they own a certain brand of clothing/material thing(s).- Basic shit all the time; it was just drama everywhere, but here? Hear the people are real - genuine, true - they care about what's inside more - well the locals, the tourist aren't all that great - than what's on the outside. This place and it's people make me happier than when I attended Grant high school and it's surrounding area.

My parents and a few good friends are the only things left for me there, and I miss them every day; but I love the island, Aria loves the island, Tia even moved to the island for me, my brother lives here and loves it, my new friends are here, and school is here. My new and improved life has been here for the past 3 1/2 years and I plan to stay here. Aria needs stability and when me and almost everyone that has been here her whole life are seniors, there will be a ton of new changes. Too many. I can't afford to have anything else change I need to know she will have a good childhood, she can't have that when everything is constantly changing.

"Mommy!"

"Avery!"

Duty calls......

Realizing why my name was being called I snapped out of my thought coma, looking down, the issue stares me in the face the floating pool chair in my hand was close to exploding from the amount of air I've been pumping into it. I guess my thoughts were just taking me to a whole other place. I have been stuck in my thoughts a lot lately. Thoughts about school, Aria, life, and unfortunately thoughts about home, my old home.

"Av?" Frank takes the pump from my hands cautiously, "Are you alright sis?"

"yeah, I'm fine just a little -" I began.

"Distracted." Ashley finished for me coming from inside the house.

"what's going on with you girl? I haven't been here 24 hours yet and I can tell something is eating you up inside."

"I - I - just -" I stutter staring at her blankly, "I'm just thinking about which of dad's companies I want to study this summer that's all, I swear I -" I stop explaining myself for moment "wait why am I over here explaining myself to you? You still haven't told me why you're here."