Mousestripe's kits were due any day. Every cat was scared of the outcome. Would Moonstar succeed? Would Mousestripe's kits become cursed.

            During a particularly cold day, a scream came from the nursery. "MY KITS ARE COMING!" Mousestripe shrieked.

            Stoneclaw and Ivygaze rushed to the nursery, as did Smokestar, Reedtail, and...Thornfrost, once again.

            "It'll be okay," Smokestar said. "Spottedmask has everything under control. Sandpaw, too."

            It had turned out that Tawnyheart had given birth to Thornfrost's kits. Everyone believed they were Moonstream's since Moonstream was Thornfrost's mate at the time, but they had turned out to be Tawnyheart's. Tawnyheart had broken the medicine cat law and was forced to remain a warrior.

            Sandpaw, one of Tawnyheart's kits, took over the position of medicine cat apprentice. Since Spottedmask was an old cat, and was hoping to retire before Tawnyheart's incident, Sandpaw would take over medicine cat once Spottedmask named her a full medicine cat.

            Mousestripe screeched again. Spottedmask and Sandpaw stood by her side. Only Smokestar and Reedtail were allowed in the den. Outside of the den sat, Thornfrost, Dawnpool, who was Mousestripe's sister, Bluewhisker, who was also Mousestripe's sister, and Lilywhisker, her mother.

            Stoneclaw gasped as a shady silhouette appeared. Coming into a clearer view, Stoneclaw growled, seeing the familiar silver-blue she-cat before him.

            "Moonstar!" Smokestar hissed.

            "Smokestar! I haven't seen you since you were an itty-bitty apprentice," she laughed. She looked at Mousestripe. "Prepare for your kits to have the worst experience ever!"

            "MOONSTAR!" Stoneclaw hissed.

            Moonstar gasped, looking towards Stoneclaw. "Oh, Stoneclaw! Or should I say...Stone? We meet again. It's a shame that Lily has forgotten all about you now. I hear she gave birth to five lovely kits."

            "You little--," Stoneclaw was about to leap at the she-cat, but Smokestar stopped him.

            "I know you two may have unfinished business, but this is Mousestripe's battle to fight, not yours," Smokestar hissed.

            Ivygaze pulled her mate away. She stroked him with her tail, trying to comfort him.

            Mousestripe screeched again as the first kit was born. It was a brown tabby tom. Moonstar laughed as his brown pelt quickly turned into a silver-blue pelt. His eyes lit up a blood red, just as Moonstar's had.

            "NO!" Smokestar hissed, launching at Moonstar.

            Moonstar laughed, quickly slicing his throat. Smokestar layed on the ground, dying. "Good luck," Smokestar whispered.

            Pain and agony hurt Mousestripe, causing her to scream again.

            The next kit was born. It was a white tom with black spots, that looked like Mousestripe. But his pelt quickly turned into a silver-blue pelt too, his eyes flashing a dark red like the other kit.

            "NO! STOP THIS, MOONSTAR!" Reedtail hissed, launching at the she-cat. Reedtail put up more of a fight than Smokestar, but he quickly too was injured. He fell into Smokestar's pool of blood. More blood filled the nursery as Reedtail began to bleed.

            "I love you," Reedtail whispered to Mousestripe.

            "I love you too," Mousestripe whispered, licking his ears. Reedtail's eyes soon became fixed on nothing, indicating he was dead.

            Mousestripe screeched the loudest this time as a white she-cat with ginger spots was born. Stoneclaw winced, waiting for the kit's pelt to change.

            The she-cat's pelt didn't change, but instead, began to shine.

            "NO!" Moonstar hissed. As the kit's pelt shined brighter, Moonstar leapt at the kit. The light blinded Stoneclaw's eyes.

            When he could see again, Moonstar was gone. Reedtail and Smokestar layed dead on the floor. The two toms seemed to be okay, their pelts still remaining Moonstar's color. The she-cat was fast asleep.

            "W-What happened?" Thornfrost asked.

            "The prophecy!" Mousestripe gasped. Thornfrost padded forward, nuzzling Mousestripe.

            Ivygaze turned to Stoneclaw, giving him a confused look. Stoneclaw shrugged, not knowing why the tom was acting so gentle to the she-cat.

            "What will you call them?" Thornfrost asked.

            As Stoneclaw looked closer, he noticed the toms were missing patches of fur. One was missing some of his pelt and tail. The other was missing fur on one hind leg and one paw.

            "The one with the fur missing on the tail will be Graykit," she said. She looked at the other tom. "The other will be Stormkit." She looked lastly at the she-cat who slept peacefully. "This will be Shinykit."

            "Lovely names," Sandpaw said.

            "It's a shame that Smokestar and Reedtail aren't here," Cloudfur said, padding forward.

            "Cloudfur!" Dawnpool exclaimed. "You're our new leader now."

            "Right you are," Cloudfur said. "Spottedmask, if you would accompany me. We will perform the burial for Reedtail and Smokestar when I return."

            "Get some cats to help you clean the nursery, Sandpaw," Spottedmask said as she padded off. Sandpaw nodded.

            As Cloudfur walked off, cats began to cheer screaming, "Cloudstar! Cloudstar!"

            Stoneclaw looked back at Mousestripe. Her eyes were swollen with tears as she looked at her dead father and mate. She held her kits close, licking them affectionately. Stoneclaw sighed. Leaf-bare was a time of sadness...