prologue

2 years ago
15 year old Daniel came running home with a smile on his face because he passed his biology and spanish tests, when he got home he called out 'Saphira I'm home and guess what" she looked from within the kitchen and asked "what is it Daniel" he smiled and cheerfully replied "I passed both my biology and spanish tests" she smiled and pulled him into a big hug while saying "congrats my little lion I knew you could do it" he snuggled into her hug happy to be in his sisters arms after a long day of school.
7 hours later while they were watching television they heard knocking on the door which was odd since it was night time so Daniel watched as his sister carefully got up and went to the curtains to see who it was and she gasped frightened by what she saw making Daniel hurry to his older sisters side who looked to him and sadly and fearfully said "Wade has finally come for me because of my skills with weapons, the location of the black lion pilot Keith, and my knowledge of the voltron lions weaknesses" his eyes widened at how much his sister really knew about the lions and Keith's whereabouts and he fearfully replied "what do we do sis" she sighed deeply and replied "little brother you must run and hide I don't want them finding you promise me you'll run and not try to help me get away" he tried to protest but she said sternly "promise me little lion please" the pleading and desperation in her voice was enough to make Daniel nod his head not trusting his voice. Seeing this his sister pulled him into a hug while whispering "please be strong my little lion someday we will be together again I promise and when have I ever broken a promise to you little lion" he shook his head while saying "never have you broken one to me sis" she sadly smiled and stood while pushing him till he was to his room and he grabbed what he wanted to bring including the sword she made for him and all the photo's in his room then once done she took him to the back door and had him run the last thing he heard was his sister shouting and finally a scream then silence he blinked away tears knowing they caught her. He ran until he finally got to Vince's house and knocked on the door and when Vince opened the door and saw Daniel and his expression he knew what had happened and tugged him inside and into a hug which sadly accepted. His final thoughts before falling unconscious was if he and his sister would ever be together again.