30 Seconds Left

I was scared. We were alone, in the dark, with hundreds of horrid monsters crawling around, searching for the stupid son of Poseidon. He was bleeding in my arms. He had overdone it and gotten himself hurt. Salty liquids fell from my eyes, hitting his bloody shirt. I didn’t have to be the daughter of Apollo to see he was approaching his time to go to Elysium.
My gray eyes were pouring over with tears as I looked to his wrist. A ticking clock was inked on his wrist, as was on every mortal. It displayed the number 30. 30 seconds left for something.
“30 seconds Wise girl… What are we going to do?” He attempted to joke but it only made me cry out in pain. He only had 30 second left.
For once, I didn’t know what to do except to hug him. The more and more I thought about it, the more and more those 30 seconds seemed like his last.
Growls filled the air as his clock continued to tick. “Annabeth.. You need to go. The monsters are closing in and I’m going to d-”
Before I could stop myself, my lips were on his. My salty tears fell onto his face as I choked sobs into our kiss. Surprisingly, Percy was holding me in place on top of him as we shared our first kiss. I still felt him moving even after his 30 seconds were up.
I pull away and look at him. He wasn’t dead, but he looked like he just saw the dead.
“What is it?” I ask. Just then pain shot through my abdomen. I look down to see a minotaur horn sticking out from my stomach. I look back up to Percy who is desperately trying to look for ambrosia or something to help me. I smile sadly at him.
“P-Percy?” I said quietly clutching my stomach.
Percy whipped his head around and looked to look at me. He was crying. I never saw Percy cry. I decided I didn’t like the look of him crying. “Annabeth! Please don’t go… Stay with me. Please.”
For once in my life I looked down to my personal clock to see 30 seconds left. Percy was clutching me to his chest, not caring that a minotaur was charging for us. “It looks like both of us are going out with a boom, Percy.” I laughed. “I love you.” I whispered, not knowing if he heard me or not.
He looked down at me with confusion. He didn’t know that I had figured out the clock. It was when your true love started dying.
“3, 2, 1.” I whispered as my body went limp and my vision went black.