“Adrie!”

“Whatever.” I could imagine her doing an eye roll, “So, tomorrow?”

“Sí.”

“Call me by eight o’clock.”

“You’re really interested in my business aren’t you?” I teased tiredly and a yawn escaped my lips.

She gasped again. “When did your life become your business? It’s my business before it’s yours.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Alright. Let’s give you the grace to have your beauty sleep and we’ll see tomorrow okay?”

“Huh? You’re not back, are yo-”

“No. It’s still until a few days’ time before I get back. I meant see you on the phone, through Skype video call. Fish!” She scoffed.

“Alright.” I yawned. I wasn’t going to call her at dawn but she didn’t really need to know that.

“Wow. No snarky remarks, you’re really sleepy.” I cackled. She knew me too well, even better than I knew myself.

“I’m glad you realize that now. Love you, night night!” I sang while ending the call but it came out as a drawl.

I moaned slowly as I undid the zip of my dress and allowed my cloth fall to the ground, sitting on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, then my jewelries. This was really stressful, considering the fact that I still had to wash off the makeup on my face.

“Seriously? Wicked young master?” I thought and then a chuckle followed. My eyes widened. Wait, I didn’t chuckle. In fact, I didn’t say ‘wicked young master…’

I stiffened immediately I recognized that voice. To think I had earlier assumed that I was the one that thought of ‘wicked young master’ when in fact, it hadn’t come from me. I looked up at the mirror facing the door and there he was, standing right behind me by my door and looking as blank as a sheet. Then I gaped!

Was I dreaming? I didn’t just display my body — which I had never fully shown to any man — to young master. I flew up from my seat in only my tights which I wore under my dress and my adhesive bra, before my hands hastily flew to my chest to cover my cleavage.
My eyes were large as I stared at him in incredulity but he still stood there.

Not glaring, smiling or smirking— just looking at me with an unreadable expression.

“Yo-you’re invading my privacy sir and I don’t appreciate that so much!” I whisper yelled.

It was really late and I didn’t want mama rushing in here, claiming she heard a noise. I didn’t even want to imagine what she would think if she saw me almost naked right now, with young master in the room and a blank look on his face. I bit my lower lip with a contorted expression when he still didn’t reply me.

Why didn’t I lock the door when I came in? And how could I be so careless that I didn’t hear him come in?

“Could you paint me anymore evil?” The dominating voice further spoke.

I shut my eyes and took calm breaths in. This wasn’t happening. Or it was, but I surely didn’t want it to. I already decided to put all these thoughts about this right at the back of my mind so I could ruminate over it tomorrow when my mind wasn’t in chaos.

“I apologize for whatever you might have heard on the phone conversation; which you weren’t even supposed to be listening to, sir.” I spoke slowly, knowing he had heard Adrian mention that he was the ‘wicked young master.’