Chosen

The next morning when (y/n) woke in her avatar body, Jake was leaning over her net bed with a grin.

"Morning! So check it, i get to pick out my own sky banshee thing today." he says.

She shook her head with a smile, even being here for months and he still cant remember what the animals are called. She got up and stretched slowly while Tsu'tey walked up. He smiled at (y/n) as she slowly stood, jumping out of her net and landing gracefully on the tree branch. Then she looked over at him and smiled softly at him.

"Good morning my love." he says pulling her into his arms, kissing the top of her head.

Jake had slipped away while she was getting up to give the two some privacy and prepare to choose his banshee.

"I have news." Tsu'tey says as they walked down the spiral case of the tree.

'What is it?' she signs.

"Chief Eytukan and Mo'at have decided you are to choose your banshee today."

'But i have not done a successful hunt.' she replies stopping short in surprise.

"Mo'at said you are the exception because you are so in tune with the animals." he replies as they continue to walk side by side down the ramp and to the ground. Tsu'tey quickly motioned her to follow him as he rushed to Mo'at who was standing by the skull of the largest ikran in the territory.

"Come i must speak with you." she says as she takes (y/n) by the elbow and walked her a bit away from the group. She kept her hand on her shoulder until she was far enough away and stopped by a river.

"I know you are confused. But you are able to link your soul with the souls of the animals. They listen to you, do not fear you. It had never been seen before since the time of the first songs when Eywa first made herself known to us." Mo'at explains.

(y/n) stood confused as Mo'at moved a brush of leaves out of the way and motioned her forward. She reluctantly followed the chief's wife as she slipped inside the curtain of leaves, then stopped with a gasp. It was a large gnarled tree, its trunk twisted and deformed while the branches spun out and flailed wildly, small white wisps flowing gently as the tree glowed and pulsed with a steady beat. It was beautiful and yet the closer (y/n) got to it, the more her heart pulsed in tune with with the trees beats, growing lower with each step. Mo'at smiled and nodded as (y/n) stopped a foot from the tree and stared in awe.

"Yes, this is a sacred place. The home tree of Eywa herself said to be the very tree where she gave her life. It is said in stories of old, that when Eywa first birthed this world, she gave up her physical being to create the land. Her mind sees all and she is all around us, yet she cannot live among us, so she rooted herself a tree, so soft and unique amongst the others that it would be the perfect tree to rest her soul." she turned to (y/n) slowly.

"Do you now why i am telling you this?" she asks.

With a shake of her head, Mo'at motioned (y/n) closer. She didn't answer right away, simply took her braid and revealed the soft tendrils inside, bringing them to the trees trunk. As soon as her cue touched the tree, she gasped loudly, a bright blinding light filling the air around her. She felt weightless, as if she was being lifted off the ground and flying through the air. She let out a deep breath and closed her eyes, concentrating on the steady slow beating of her heart, now in sync with the heart of the tree. Then she heard whispering, a faint whispering from all around her. The whispers ame closer, growing louder until all she heard were words in Navi. Just three words.

We are one

Unknown to (y/n) when she was concentrating on the tree, Mo'at was marveling at the sight. The female was glowing bright blue, strange marks donning her entire body and thrumming with energy. The ground st her feet had grown thicker with fresh grass and flowers, and the tree had somehow become brighter than before.

"It is you..." Mo'at mouthed in Navi.

Then suddenly the bright light began to die down but the marks on (y/n) had stayed on her skin, no longer glowing. She slowly breathed out and opened her eyes, panting slowly as she removed her cue from the tree. She stepped back and stared at the tree for a moment.

"It is true. Eywa has returned in you." Mo'at whispers.

(y/n) blinked ad a strange feeling came over her. She suddenly began to feel exhausted, so exhausted that her body felt heavy and her head felt like she had drunk way too much. Then she suddenly crumpled to the floor with a huff. As she fell to the ground, her vision going black, she heard a whisper again.

We are one

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the short chapter but i ran out of ideas before braking back into the movie plot. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!