Arriving at Pandora

You know that fuzzy tickling sensation in your stomach when you go down a big hill, or a roller coaster? When you're in a glass tube for weeks, it tends to make me a little irritable and quick to leave the cryo chamber, which makes your stomach flip. Not to mention the fact that your body floats due to lack of gravity. It happens often when you're out in space ship.

The reason (y/n)'s out in space is because she was assigned to a special research assignment called the Avatar Program. Her studies in animal and plant biology was said to be helpful when researching with Dr. Grace Augustine. So here she sat, buckling into a small ship to carry her and a large handful of soldiers to the planet Pandora, her new home for the next few months; or as the soldiers called it, our base of operations. Landing on the alien planet, (y/n) held on to her straps as it landed roughly, almost hurling at the sudden jerking of the ship as it finally made touch down. As the soldier in charge began to speak, he motioned for a strange mask that was given to everyone.

"Exo packs on! Remember people, you lose that mask and your unconscious in 20 seconds. You're dead in 4 minutes. Let's not be dead today, it looks very bad on my report." The guy says, not sounding a bit upset about what he said. (y/n) made sure the pack was secured on her face and adjusted to her breathing before she followed the soldiers' lead and stood.

"When the ramp comes down, go directly into the base. Do not stop! Go straight inside!" he shouted over his own mask, then pushed a button and the large ramp came down.

"Wait for my mark!" he orders as the door finished opening, and then waved us all out. "Go!" he shouts.

(y/n) was all but shoved out of the ship and onto the ramp, where the men stopped pushing me and stepped onto the ground.

She gasped as she looked at the large base and saw hundreds of soldiers marching around

She gasped as she looked at the large base and saw hundreds of soldiers marching around. Large tanks drove by with strangely huge arrows in the wheels as they entered the base from the jungle. She raised her eyebrows in confusion and interest as she watched them go, then shrugged her duffel bag over her shoulder and shook her head, continuing to the base.

"Hey..." Someone says nudging (y/n)'s elbow. She looked over and saw a man in a wheelchair smiling up at her as he wheeled beside her.

"How you doing I'm Jake Sully." He says holding his hand out to her. She smiled and shook his hand, then moved her hands around. With his confused look, she smiled and moved her duffel bag to where her tag was hanging off the side. He read it with a smile and nodded.

"(y/n), cool name." he says and she signed a thank you.

"You mute?" She nod and he looks away, nodding in understanding.

"Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only messed up one here." he jokes. (y/n) smiles and nods, patting his shoulder as they go inside the base like the commander told her.

They walk/wheel into the mess hall where everyone was already seated and sat at the back, seeing a man walking up and down the aisle talking.

"...We have an indigenous population of humanoids called the Na'vi. They're fond of arrows dipped in neurotoxin that will stop your heart in one minute. They have bones reinforced with naturally occurring carbon fiber. They are very hard to kill..." (y/n) lost interest and looked past him to the jungle.