Test Trial

The next morning as Jake and Norm walked to the lab, they smiled in greeting to (y/n), who was already there waiting for them. Then when they reached the lab, they went in together, the three dressed in baby blue scrubs and walked to the lab where Grace and a couple other scientists were waiting to hook them all up. She talked the three through what they were going to do today.

"How much link time have you logged?" Grace asked Norm as she walked to the link ups.

"About 520 hours." Norm says.

"That's good, you're in there." She says pointing to a unit.

"And you?" she asks stopping at another unit.

'I have logged over 400 hours.' (y/n) signed.

"Good, your there." She replied pointing to another unit. (y/n) smiled and slipped her shoes off, climbing onto the squishy bed and laid down. A scientist helped her put the metal rack across her chest and over her head.

"Relax and let your mind go blank." The scientist says.

With a nod, she waited for the scientist to close the door and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and let it out, letting her body go slack with relaxation.

Then suddenly, there was a bright blinding tunnel of colors and then, black

Then suddenly, there was a bright blinding tunnel of colors and then, black. Then she heard someone calling her name.

"(y/n), can you hear me?" a voice wavered through the fog and soon, (y/n) was blinking away all darkness to find two people standing above her with masks on and doctor uniforms.

"Fibril reflexes look good. How are you feeling (y/n)?" the female doctor asks. When (y/n) raised her hands to sign, she saw the blue fingers and let out a breathy laugh. She slowly sat up and wiggled her fingers and toes, touching them together.

"Good, you're doing so well already. Any lightheadedness or dizziness?" (y/n) shook her head and looked behind her at her tail, smiling as it twitched and wiggled with her movements. She then scrunched her eyes and the tail stopped, then swished to her thoughts. She smiled; she was in tune with her body already.

"Wow that was actually pretty fast. I think you're ready to go get dressed now." The male doctor says and (y/n) nodded, getting up and slowly making her way to a small room where three sets of clothing sat. She pulled out a pair of khaki shorts and a black tank top, big shoes with socks, and quickly dressed. She looked at herself and smiled; it was interesting being in this body, but she loved it already. As she walked out, she saw Jake standing wobbly. She gasped and moved to steady him. He smiled over at her with the biggest grin she's ever seen.

"(y/n)?" he says looking her up and down. She smiled and nodded, and reached to help him but he shook his head and held up his hand.

"It's cool, I got this." He says struggling to walk straight as he began to leave the room.