Chapter Seven: Wish.

Chapter Seven: Wish.

Jake had to rain check on our coaching session on Sunday because they had a family gathering and he had no choice but to go. At least I could just stay in my dorm and sulk in the corner. Yesterday had made me feel weird emotions. I wanted to be happy because I spent the whole Saturday with Jake but saddened because he's undeniably straight and might have not moved on yet from his ex. Realizing we will never be on the same page but what bothered me was those times when he said those things to me? And bringing me to places he never brought anyone else too? Was I just a favorite pass time for him? Maybe I'm just getting way too ahead of myself. I shouldn't assume so I won't feel any remorse if in the end it was all just my fantasy.

I just stayed in my room, in my bed sleeping almost the whole day. My phone kept beeping but I didn't really bother checking it. I was just so spaced out that I forgot to eat lunch and dinner. I woke up 9 in the evening and finally decided to check my phone. I had 10 messages and a missed call from my parents. 5 of the messages were just automated messages from the cellphone network; three of it was from Katie just ranting about some girl in the mall; two were from Jake. I opened it last.

Jake: Hey. The first text read.

Jake: I'm outside your dorm.

His second text read that was sent 20 minutes ago. I jumped off my bed and hurriedly open the door and check the alley. He was there. Just standing looking around until he noticed me. He waved at me and smiled. I was surprised that he's downstairs. I went back in to fix myself a bit and went down.

"I knew you were in there." He greeted me with a smile. He was wearing a brown jacket and a green shirt with prints on it. I was wearing my old shirt with tiny holes around it. I looked like shit.

"I'm confused. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"The family thing ended already and I didn't want to go home yet. So, here I am."

"But it's already 9 in the evening? Are we still having a coaching session, now?"

"No." He pursed his lips being cute and all but I was trying my best not to fall into it. "I wanted to hang out." He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Have you been to Mountain View?"

"Nope. I heard of it but I haven't." I said.

"Alright. Let's go." He gently grabbed my arm and pulled me to the corner of the street where there was a black motorbike parked. I was assuming it was his. I never knew he knows how to drive. Last I remembered was he takes public transport.

"Wait, I'm wearing my room clothes! And I'm just wearing slippers!" I said. He looked at me from head to foot that I felt awkward.

"You look fine. Get on." He started the ignition. He gave me a helmet to wear and he wore his.

"I don't really know how to ride a motorbike." I said embarrassingly.

"Here, you get up on here and then put both your arms around my waist."

I got on and hesitated to put my arms around him but I still did.

"You comfy there?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah, I think so." I said. It was my first time to ride a motorbike, so I was nervous as hell.

"Alright, hold on tight. We're going for a ride." He started to drive slowly.

We went pass by Lahug and went up to the inclined road going to Busay, which was a mountain area where a lot of rich people lived. There, he started to drive fast. The breeze was cold and I could see the city lights. Did I mention he smelled so good?