Wake Up!

Fandom-Homestuck
Parents! Dirk and Jake x Child! Reader
•>• ~ •>• ~ •>•
"Pa? Paaaaaaaaa! Papa! Wake up!
Gasping as he shot up Jake took in his surroundings. He was laying on his own bed a desk here and a bookshelf there. This was his own room. Looking beside him Dirk was still fast asleep. Sighing he quietly slid out of bed, carful not to make a single noise.

Slipping out of the room hopefully undetected Jake navigated his way through the dark house, making his way to the other room. This rooms door was painted f/c, it had all types of stickers littered on it.

Creaking open the door he hoped that's his child was up, and that upon seeing him they would shout "Papa!" in their adorable voice and come running to him, arms open wide. But alas, he was greeted with the all to common noise. One that parents pray they never have to hear.

Beep

Beep

Beep

There she/he was lying there, on a bed of the sheets they had been begging to get for weeks on end, was y/n. Dirk and Jakes son/daughter.

Jake pulled up his usual chair and sat, laying his head on the side of the bed once he got comfortable.

Why? Why did this happen to US of all people? Why did fate have to take away our sweet little sugar plumb?

"Have another dream?" Came a sudden voice, causing Jake to jump. Looking behind him he saw it was only Dirk. Turning back around and placing his head in his original state Jake nodded slightly, to hurt for words.

"She's/He's gonna make it, Jake...and when he/she wakes up it'll be just like the old times, days full of jus playing, cuddling and napping." Dirk said trying to reassure Jake.

"I hope so" was all Jake could say.

Soon enough Jake was letting out choked sobs, trying to contain the eminence pain in his chest.

His son/daughter, his own child was in a coma, and there was only one thing he could do.

Wait.