chap 6// bella

I sat there in total shock. how could they like me?

hayes sat down across from me, jacob sat next to me, and ryan diagonal from me.

hayes kept staring at me the lunch period. it was kinda cute.

jacob kept trying to talk to me. i just gave him short simple answers. he was getting a little annoying. now i see it. jacob definitely likes me.

i could tell hayes was getting a little annoyed to. but im still mad at him so i dont care. i want him to talk to me. i dont want to have to go up to hayes. ill just embarrass self no matter what happens. he could have told me he was dating mack. i wouldnt have led him on.

*math*

me and Mack walk to math together. we sit down and i see hayes walk in. we make eye contact, and he just looks down. he doesnt blush, smile, or stare. he just walks to the other side of the room. he sits down and he looks back again. he looked like he was crying. i wasnt going to cry but i felt something in my throat.

while we were working on our class work, mack passes me a note. i open ot and read it.

(m= mack, h= holes)

m: do u know why hayes is upset?

h: no clue

but inside i know exactly why he is upset. but i cant tell mack. it will crush her.

m: ill ask after math

h: NO DONT

m: umm ok?... do u want to come over after school? my mom can order pizza.

h: ya i would like that

as im giving the note back to mack, i see my math teacher sit in the empty desk next to hayes. they talked for one or two minutes, then they walk out of the class room.

m: are you sure you dont know anything about hayes??

h: ya. maybe its a girl.

m: ya maybe.

i was a bout to write back when the bell rang.

since i dont have any more classes with mack, i said good bye and went to my locker.

i felt a tap on my shoulder as i was grabbing my science stuff, only to see jacob in front of me with a card in his hand.

"do u want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?"