Chapter 3: Honeymoon phase?

* Melissa Scott ^^ *

Aliza's P.O.V.

It's been a week since my date with Caden. We've been texting over the past few days but I haven't had the chance to see him since. School has just started again so I've been insanely busy with all the assignments that teachers just really love to throw at you during your first week back after summer.

Honestly, it sucks.

Caden seems to be the one that messages me first which I'm sure is a good sign, right?

My stomach swirls with butterflies whenever his name flashes up on my phone screen, sending my mind into a frenzy. Mel finds it hilarious because I basically throw myself across the room whenever he texts me back, she's even started a new little game called 'let's hide Liza's phone to piss her off'.

Yeah, not so fun for me.

I make my way to my next class, ignoring just about everyone in the hallway as per usual. Unless their name is Mel, they're not worth my time.

Wait, that sounded quite bitchy, didn't it?

Good.

I never claimed to be nice.

As long as everyone else in this prison they call a 'school', stays out of my way, I don't have a problem. People learned to stay out of my way pretty quickly in freshman year, lets just say I now know what the principle's face looks like when he's about blow a fuse. It's hilarious.

But anyway, I have Mel, and that's all I need. Friend-wise anyway. Most people probably think that's quite unhealthy, I mean, what happens if me and Mel suddenly fall out? I'd have no one, right?

Wrong.

Me and Mel will never fall out. It's just been the two of us ever since we were in kindergarten, we adopted each other as partners in crime. Terrorising teachers since our diaper days.

And that's something that I know will never change.

I walk through the crowded hall with my chin up, carrying my calculus textbook in my arms. I just need to make a quick stop at my locker before dragging my ass to French.

I hate French. As odd as it sounds, I'd rather pick up extra calculus lessons than study French. It's so goddamn confusing with all the subjunctives and tenses, it's a load of bullshit.

No offence to anyone that speaks French...

I come to a stop at my locker and swap my books over, slamming my locker closed once I'm done and set off towards my fourth class of the day.

All I have to think about is lunch... Just sixty minutes until I'm free to eat my body weight in tater-tots.

I arrive at my French class, a scowl ingrained into my facial features. I'm not even going to try and hide my distaste towards this class.

I've already had French earlier this week but we had a substitute teacher because the one we're supposed to have supposedly went AWOL.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get away with that so easily.

I enter the classroom and find the table that I claimed during the previous lesson, throwing my backpack to the ground rather harshly before falling into my seat.

I'm not that early but I'm one of the few people in the classroom at the moment. I decide to pull my phone out of the pocket of my denim jacket and send a quick text to Mel. I'm pretty sure she's in physics right now, but I'm not even sure of my own schedule yet, never mind anyone else's.