Chapter 1: He's Such a Gentleman

* Aliza's Outfit ^^ *

Aliza's P.O.V.

6 months before...

As soon as Mel opened the door, I was instantly hit with the smell of sweat, booze and most of all; weed.

The smell was pungent but intoxicating all at the same time.

Now, this is what a real house party smells like.

Mel grabbed my hand and dragged me through the house and straight into the heart of the party, where the music came alive and you could feel the bass in your blood as it rushed around your body.

She instantly grabbed my waist and pulled me towards her, lightly grinding against me as she did so. I responded to her dancing, in the same way, rolling my ass against her, creating the impression that we were a lesbian couple.

A foolproof way to keep the creeps away from us.

She laughed into my brown wavy hair, feeling the atmosphere come alive around her as we both soaked it all in.

After a few moments, I pulled her away from the rest of the sweaty, grinding bodies and towards where I assumed the kitchen would be. The heat in the house was overwhelming, making your mind feel hazy without the need of any alcohol.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to drink though.

We both came to an abrupt stop in front of the kitchen counter which was currently decorated with a variety of liquors and beers, any and all being up for grabs.

I grabbed two plastic shot glasses and the brightest bottle of liquor I could find, before skilfully twisting the cap off and filling the shot glasses to the brim.

I shoved one in Melissa's direction, urging her to down it with me. She didn't need any persuasion and snatched it out of my hand without me even having to ask. The pink liquid spilled over the plastic slightly as she took it from my grip but it didn't matter because, within a few seconds, the cups were completely empty anyway.

Mel slammed her plastic shot glass down on the counter, letting out a small excited scream as she roughly ran her hands through her bobbed blonde hair. I laughed at her manic attitude and continued to pour us both another.

There were only a certain amount of shots I could take until I started to feel queasy. I knew my limit for sugary alcohol so I made sure to stop after the second, and instead, I proceeded to pull two bottles of beer out of the ice bucket.

I handed one to Mel, tapping the glass bottles together before taking a large sip of it. Alcohol no longer burnt the back of my throat because I probably drank too much. In fact, I actually miss the sensation slightly, it used to make me feel alive and buzzed.

But what can I say? I'm too wild to live like a good Christian girl.

Which is exactly how I'm expected to live. My parents are the kind of people that recite Bible verses when you ask for advice and drag you to church every Sunday. I mean, they're not Jesus freaks or anything but they're pretty religious. I suppose my sister is too. She pretends not to be but I know she is.

Daisy tries to be like me, and in a way, I really like that, but it also worries me because I know I'm definitely not the kind of role model my fourteen-year-old sister should have.

Ah well. C'est la vie, as the French say.

"Come on! Let's dance already!" Mel shouted, trying to make her voice carry itself over the music. I grinned at her, grabbing her wrist and dragging her back to the heart and soul of the party.