A Mashup Made In Heaven

(Chloe's POV)

The next morning, I still felt stuffed from the night before. I'd eaten so much food at the meal with the girls and my parents, but it was amazing. I still can't get over the fact that the girls are here in Australia with me and Beca! The surprise still hasn't sunk in.

Today is the day I've been looking forward to for months, but now that I know I am actually performing in this contest is making me even more excited. I don't even know what we're singing yet, Beca was meant to have made a mashup but she's been so stressed, that she didn't know what songs to mix. But I need to ask her what sort of mashup she wants to do, because if she wants to grab the attention of the audience, I have an idea. I have thought of two songs that could go together, and it may make the audience cry, but that's the effect. That way, we can win the prize (whatever that may be!)

Beca was still asleep in the bed. She was awake for a while last night, so I don't blame her. Yesterday, when the girls arrived, they went into the garden for a party, but Beca stayed in with Amy and I, and explained to Amy what had been going on in as little detail as possible. Let's just say, she did really well. She kept it together like a pro and held my hand all the way through it. There was a couple of times where she welled up a bit during the conversation, but I was so proud of her, because she didn't burst into tears like I expected her to. It's been really tough, but she's got through it , like I knew she would, and I'm so glad I was able to make a good impact on her life in her darkest moments. When the girls left after the meal to go to their hotel, I told her how proud I was, then we snuggled up to watch Netflix for a bit on the TV. I must have fallen asleep during the programme, because I woke up about 5 hours later, and the programme wasn't on anymore, and I don't remember switching it off, and Beca was sitting on the sofa. I got up and asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Nothing, I just can't sleep."

She sighed when she said that; I could tell she was tired. I got her back into the bed and stroked her shoulder gently until she fell asleep. That was 4 hours ago.

I got up and put on my new dress that my mom bought me for my birthday and did my makeup, trying not to make much noise. Beca looked so peaceful, curled up in bed by herself. Because my bed is really big, she looked smaller than she actually is in the bed by herself. I couldn't help but smile and take a quick photo of her. That'll be good for her birthday.

I wrote down my two songs that I thought of for a mashup on a piece of paper and left them in front of Beca's laptop so she would see them when she got up. I texted the girls the song names so they could check them out. They all said they were amazing choices, and they decided they would meet us at the studio in an hour to start practicing. That meant that I needed to wake Beca up so she could actually make the mashup. I gave her a few nudges before she woke up.

"Beca, wake up, I have something to tell you." I said. She slowly sat up in bed and moved along so I could sit down next to her.

"I had an idea for some songs to mix for today. They're slow songs, but the girls said they were good. Do you want to know what I thought of?" I asked. Beca nodded and I began to play the two songs.

"Chloe, you do realise those songs will make everyone cry? Even us?" Beca said.

"Yep, but that'll just help us win!" I replied.

"Good point. Okay, I'll get ready and we will meet the girls at the studio once I've made the mashup." Beca said. I left her to get changed and started to pack up some stuff for later on. We had about fifty bottles of water in the fridge because my dad was giving them out at a recent running event, so I got eleven of those and put them into my bag so we all had something to drink. For food, I brought money to buy McDonald's on the way to the venue because we haven't got good food at home. That way, I was prepared for this long day of fun. We needed this. This was the first performance we would be doing together in so long, and probably our last in a very long time now that me and Beca live so far away from the other girls. I just want it to be amazing. We all deserve a good time together, especially Beca after everything she's been through, but I'm so proud of how far she's come. It may sound cringey, but it makes me realise how much I really like Beca, and it does make me sad knowing she doesn't feel the same, but she's my best friend, and I can't tell her this because it'll just ruin our friendship.