Chapter 4

I rang the doorbell, as I stood outside of Madison's house, which looked more like a mansion, the door suddenly opened and Maddison is now standing there with a smile on her face.

"Come on in, Luna's already in my room," She says as she grabs my hand and starts pulling me along. "Ok," I say trying to match her cheery voice.

We walk into her room, and I can't help but need a moment to take it all in, she had high beam ceilings and a huge room. The walls were painted white, and her bed color was so light blue, you could mistake for white. I walked over to her vanity where Luna already was.

"Hey, Luna!" I say, she looks up from doing her eyeshadow "Heyyy Abella, what's up girlie?" She says giving me a smile before going back to her eyeshadow. "Nothin much," I say, sitting on Maddison's bed. Wait wheres Maddison, I look around for her but can't seem to spot her.

"What do you guys think of this" I hear from
Behind me, I turn to see Maddison stepping
out of her closet. I look at her outfit. She's wearing high waisted jean shorts and a Levis shirt that's tied in the front. "It's cute, where did you get that shirt from?" I ask, loving what she paired with it. "Oh I got it from Lulus, " she says, mentioning the online store. I nod and make a self-reminder to check out they're clothes once I get back. 

Luna is finished at the vanity, so I sit down next so I can do my hair. "Guys what should I do?" I asked, finding it difficult to pick a hairstyle. "Uhh, what about half up half down? So then your hair won't get in your face but it will still be down" Luna says, "Ooo yes, Thanks" I say, brushing out my hair. I pull back the top of my hair and tie it up. 

I stand up from the vanity and make my way over to the girls. Luna has since changed into a black bodysuit with high waisted jean shorts. "Looking cute lun," I say making a nickname for her. She laughs at that and we begin to make our way downstairs.  We walk to the front door, and Luna puts on low top vans, and Maddison puts on the low-top white converse. And we make our way outside. We begin to walk down the beach boardwalk, and towards a row of houses. 

"Don't worry it's not that far, its only 3 houses down." She says with a smile. And she was right the walk was really short, and before we knew it we were in front of another mansion. It was slightly smaller than Maddison's and mine, but it still was a mansion. 

We walked through the front door with ease, but getting to the kitchen was a little tricky. Maddison grabbed Luna and I's arm and guides us in the direction of the kitchen. We make it to the kitchen and Maddison hands us a red cup, with some mysterious liquid in it. I throw her a questioning glance. "Don't worry you'll like it, its vodka and diet coke." She says taking a sip of her drink. I shrug and drink some, and can't help but agree with her. " Let's go find everybody else," She says grabbing my hand with her free hand, I grab lunas just so we wouldn't lose her. 

Madison Luna and I dance our way around the party while looking for the boys, and the rest of the girls. "Ahh, there they are," Maddison says pointing to a  singular group of kids out of the 70 that were outside, at the bonfire. "Well, what are we waiting for?" Luna says, making a face. I giggle at her drunkness, and we begin to make our way outside. We make our way slowly to the Bonfire. I sit down on a log next to Jax.

"So how are you liking California so far?" He asks, "Its good, I'm really excited to go swimming in the ocean," I say my eyes lighting up. He chuckles, "Yeah, Its pretty nice here once you get over all the pollution," He says looking around. I nod and take another sip of my drink.  

"Abella, Come get another drink with me," Maddison says still dancing. I wave goodbye to Jax and grab Madison's hand. She starts leading me back inside towards the kitchen. "So, Want a jelly shot?" She asked I shake my head, and she only grabs one for herself.

We walk out of the kitchen and situate our selves on a couch. I start a conversation with some guy who is sitting next to me before everybody starts breaking out into whispers, and I'm just left sitting there confused. "Uhhh, Madi whats happening?" I say to Maddison who is still sitting next to me. I  try to look over the crowd to see what they're all staring at but I'm failing miserably.  "Oh, Well the 'Bad Boys' Of our school just arrived," She says, staring into the crowd as if she could see them. 

I roll my eyes, "So whats the big deal?" I ask not seeing the point of this. She shakes her head at me as if I was the dumbest person who ever walked the earth, "Well basically they're the most popular kids, and they practically own the school," She says pointedly, I open my mouth to talk but she quickly interrupts, "One time there was this kid that they didn't like and they got the whole school to shun them." She says shaking her head, and looking off to the side as if reliving the memory. 

I roll my eyes at her dramatics, and feeble attempts to scare me. Yeah right, like I'm going to be ruled over by some arrogant kids. I quickly snap out of talking to myself, when I spot a familiar face from the crowd. My brother's friend Asher, is quickly making his way through the parting crowd and over to the area I'm in. I swiftly stand up and grab Maddisons arm, before I book it in the in the other direction. Once I'm out of sight I grab Maddisons hand and begin to make my way towards the door. Notice how I say begin, because I never actually made it. 

I stumble back as I run into a chest, and look up to see a familiar face. I smile sheepishly, before telling Maddison, I'll see her later and that I got to go. She nods too drunk to notice I was leaving, or what I was saying and just walks off. I can't help but chuckle at her state and quickly text Jax, to go keep an eye on her.  

Everybody's eyes are on us, but one glare from Killian sends them all looking in different directions. I raise an eyebrow at this, curious as to why one glare from my brother can send them looking away. 

"Abella, what are you doing here?" He asks looking me dead in the eye. I shift from foot to foot nervously, "I was just hanging out with some friends" I say innocently. He just shakes his head, "You're a freshman, at a junior party," He says, "Does anything about that sentence sound wrong to you?" He asks, I nod "Yeah, I'm a sophomore," I say. He shakes his head. And gently grabs my arm. He begins to walk out of the door with me in tow. 

He abruptly turns around and stops walking, and I run into Killian's chest yet again. "God, what do you eat? Bricks?" I say rubbing my nose, "A warning next time would suffice" I say, the intoxicating-ness getting to my head. 

I hear a chuckle vibrate through him, and I turn around to see what made us stop. I look up to see Asher standing there with a pin straight face. Before Killian can say anything I interrupt, "Ya know, If you smiled more, I bet you would have a girlfriend." I say, expressing my drunk thoughts. He chuckles and shows a small smile. 

Killian covers my ears before he begins to talk to him, and my drunk self is completely content with just braiding hair while waiting for them to finish. 

Once he's done saying whatever he was saying to Asher, he takes his hands off my ears and leads me to the car. I jump in and put on my seatbelt. Killian starts up the car and we drive off, I rest my head on Killian's shoulder and I fall into a dreamless sleep, not wanting the morning to come.