Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"So how is everyone?"

During his daily visits to the grounds, Poseidon walked alongside Will as he asked for updates on the Rebels.

"Everyone is as good as they can be. We're all working pretty hard to keep it together. Everyone thought we could have some peace after the war."

Poseidon rubbed his forehead, "We thought so too. But I don't think the war has actually ended yet."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, it is obvious that a civil war will start brewing but I've had the feeling that something's not right. It feels like we've let something very harmful into our ranks."

"You're saying that there's a mole? Isnt there always one?"

Before Poseidon could answer, a commotion caught their attention.

It was Reyna.

She was standing in between both gates on mutual ground.

How she managed to slip past the gates, no one knows.

Demigods started to gathered around the gates.

It's probably the first time Will had seen the daughter of Bellona look so stunned.

"Reyna? What are you doing?" He called out to her.

The gods of the Warriors had noticed the commotion. If Reyna stayed at where she is, she might be sentenced to death, or maybe killed on sight, seeing how hot-tempered Zeus has been the past few days.

"Reyna, move!" Will gestured wildly to her, informing her of the advancing gods.

Her eyes widened in panic and cursed, "Styx!" She ran towards the blue gate and pleaded, "Help me."

Will shook his head, "I can't. We can't control the gates. What are you doing out?"

"No time. I have to go. Distract them, please. Save me some extra time."

Poseidon looked into the eyes of the praetor of the Roman demigods. He realised that it was all a plan that went wrong.

"Will, do you want to go with her?" The sea god turned to his companion. "I don't feel right letting a girl go out on her own."

Will froze, "What?"

Reyna shook her head, "I'll be fine on my own. Just get me a head start. I have my dogs with me."

"No, you either go with someone with you or you don't go at all."

"I don't think I have a choice right now." Reyna glared at the god.

Poseidon smirked, "Oh I do have some tricks up my sleeve." With that, he closed his eyes and disappeared in a flash of light, bringing Will and Reyna along with him.

They reappeared at where Camp Half Blood used to be.

"That wasn't a trick."

Poseidon laughed, "It wasn't."

"What are we doing here? Won't the gods know where we'd go?"

"Nope, they wouldn't come close to this place. Annabeth seems to have them convinced that this place is too toxic for their presence."

"What the Hades? Why would-" Before Will could finish his sentence, Poseidon snapped his fingers and sighed, "That's why I felt that something was wrong."

"Took you awhile to come to that conclusion." Reyna scoffed.

Both Poseidon and Will looked at her confused.